Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should be picking up our new MO on Thursday (July 20). Anyone in the state of CT ever pay a Dealer Conveyance Charge in CT. Dealer states that it is a CT law that rewuires dealers to keep records for a certain period of time (10 years?) and the charge is passed to the customer. Dealer wants to charge 299.00 for keeping records. We are planning to lease the vehicle.

Your thoughts are appreciated (especially you fine folks in CT). :)

I hope to hear from you all soon.

·
Registered
216 Posts
First off, tell the dealer to prove to you that there is such a law. But even if there is, there is no way it costs the dealer $300 to keep a record of the sale of your car for 10 years. Especially these days where it can all be done electronically.

Sounds like a euphemism for the famous Dealer Service Fee, or as I like to call it, DAP...Dealer Added Profit.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Baby_Ear-

I could not find any information on the CT DMV website. http://www.ct.gov/dmv/site/default.asp You might want to give them a call.

When buying a new car, there is one important fact to remember: EVERYTHING is negotiable. Other than state sales tax, every cost, every fee, every line item on the invoice is negotiable.

-njjoe

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks NJ! Shappy, very true. Thanks for the responses.

Going to pick up the MO in a couple of hours. Wish me luck...:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Conveyance fee is a B.S. Fee......

I just found this website as I was also being charged a conveyance fee in CT. I called the DMV and they informed me this is not a tax, but a "Fee" the dealers charge which covers someone standing in line to register your vehicle and do the paperwork. If you are paying in cash or check and the bank or the dealership does not own the vehicle, you can get the papers needed from the dealer and register it yourself, saving you anywhere between $100 and $200. My dealer wanted to charge me $179. I told him if he wants the sale, he needs to drop the $179 and I will register the car. "Deal or no deal?" He needed to make his numbers for the month, so the deal went through on my terms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts