Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently took my MO in for a 15k mile service, and 2 days after that, my AC produces nothing but hot air. I opened the hood, and found a few dents and scratches in the plastic engine cover; more importantly, I found 2 deel cuts on what I think is the AC hose (a rubber hose just to the left of the engine cover).

I think the dealer caused this damage. What should I do? Do you think they will repair it?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Needless to say I am pretty pissed. Now I have to find time to take my car there and possibly argue with them about it.

As I said before, no more Nissan for me. Ever.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Spin_Echo-

Point out the damage to the Service Manager, remind him of the importance of good customer service, and request that the damaged items be replaced. Stand your ground and don't let the Service Manager BS you.

Good luck.

-njjoe

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
change oil/filter, fuel filter, cabin air filter, the intake air filter was good - I changed it a little while ago, I told them not to touch my wiper blades. Lubricate a bunch of things, "inspect" a bunch of things, all other BS to rack up labor time....

how they managed to mess around in my engine compartment, I won't know. Will try to go there tomorrow, take some time off work... :3:

If I hear any :blahblah: I am going to get :cursin: and might :yodaddy: the service manager.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Spin_Echo said:
change oil/filter, fuel filter, cabin air filter, the intake air filter was good - I changed it a little while ago, I told them not to touch my wiper blades. Lubricate a bunch of things, "inspect" a bunch of things, all other BS to rack up labor time....

how they managed to mess around in my engine compartment, I won't know. Will try to go there tomorrow, take some time off work... :3:

If I hear any :blahblah: I am going to get :cursin: and might :yodaddy: the service manager.

No kidding,
WhyDonCha take your MO to Jiffy Lubes? Oops! bad advice~

YOU CAN ALWAY GO :9: AND SHAKE YO :bootyshak

:21:
NZM

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: the dealer admitted fault and ordered me a new hose. I am going to ignore the scratches on the plastic engine cover as they are not structurally important and small (subcentimeter).

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Um, you got taken on the fuel filter - the one on the Murano is not an inline unit and is not replacable without replacing the fuel pump I believe. The fuel pump is above the gas tank.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Spin_Echo-

It is good to see that the dealer admitted fault and is replacing the hoses. Almost makes me feel good about dealers again.

On the other hand, Eric is right, the fuel filter did not need replacement, especially after only 15,000 miles. The odds are very good that your dealer did not replace it. The fuel filter is an integral part of the fuel pump assembly. You can't replace one without the replacing the other. According to the Service Manual it should never require replacement in normal use. Double check your paperwork to ensure you were not charged for a fuel filter. If you were, your Service Manager probably last worked at a Los Angeles-area Jiffy Lube.

-njjoe

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Why does everything have to be such a hassle?

Car dealers are at the top but not the only jerks in the consumer industry. It all makes me so tired. :(

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Enforcer said:
So basically they have to drop the tank to replace the fuel filter? Did they also do the fuel filler recall at the same time?
Enforcer-

What fuel filler recall are you referring to? Did I miss something?

-njjoe

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
NA

:)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks guys I will clarify the fuel filter issue...

By the way, how much should a 15k mile service cost?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts