Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok just noticed the other day. I have a huge dealer decal on the back of the new Murano and right under it is a dark image of a previous dealer decal and some heavy swirl marks and scratches where it was removed. The dealer we bought from owns two dealerships in two different cities, it seems ours was driven from one to the other at some time and the decal was changed. This is a huge eyesore and I would class it as damage. Also the inside of all the door handles is really scratched up, including some deep ones probably made by the key at some point in all it's test drives. The one thing that really bothers me the most is it looks like a seam on the dash over the airbag is puckered/letting go. It looks like hell. I have heard that this can't be fixed. And to top it all off the tire warning light came on yesterday and the monitoring system says alll tires are flat. The beep keeps going off every two minutes and won't stop. Just got the Vehicle last Saturday, with all the little things adding up would it be out of the question to demand a replacement. To pay $45000.00 for a car I expect better.

·
5,244 Posts
I feel sorry for you. What do they say aboput dealers? :(

I would demand to have this fixed to say the least.........replacement maybe a little stretch. Try, you never know.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kris said:
I feel sorry for you. What do they say aboput dealers? :(

I would demand to have this fixed to say the least.........replacement maybe a little stretch. Try, you never know.
And we can't get an answer on when our lojack will be installed, even though it is already paid for. Got the LEX invisible bra too but no answer on that either. If the car gets a chip before then, I want a new Murano without a chip.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Dealer should definitely remedy all of these issues. How many miles were on the car when you bought it?

Thankfully, in Cali they don't put dealer stickers on the back, just a license plate frame which I usually remove as soon as I get the car home... no free advertising here.

patrickem said:
To pay $45000.00 for a car I expect better.
Wait, is this a Murano we're talking about?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Can someone explain why dealers feel they have the right to place advertisements on new cars? Here in California dealers only install licence plate frames. I never see the midwest style stickers or emblems.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
The swirl marks can usually be taken out by a good paint shop.
The scratches around the handle (Usually in the "cup") would have to be seen. Light scratching can be buffed out.
The puckered dash material..............lets make one statement that is always true. ANYTHING can be fixed. That doesn't mean it will be, it just means it can be.
I don't have the TPMS and if I did I would rip it out by it's roots. I have read of this problem entirely too much. I wouldn't put up with it.
But again, if you will put 33 pounds COLD in your tires it will/should shut up.

You paid $45,000?
Even at $700 for the Lojak and $600 for the Bra, that leaves something like $43000 Plus.

I just can't comment on that in any way that makes sense. But yes, for $45,000 you deserve the most perfect Murano in the US as you now own the most expensive Murano in the US.

I would keep my cool, but they would know that I was not pleased.
Unfortunately this sounds like what we used to call a "mouse House". All you need to know is that I sold cars in Tempe many moons ago and the dealership use to run people around and around. A real mouse house I later found out.
If so, you have a problem........................

BOL

Homer

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hfelknor said:
The swirl marks can usually be taken out by a good paint shop.
The scratches around the handle (Usually in the "cup") would have to be seen. Light scratching can be buffed out.
The puckered dash material..............lets make one statement that is always true. ANYTHING can be fixed. That doesn't mean it will be, it just means it can be.
I don't have the TPMS and if I did I would rip it out by it's roots. I have read of this problem entirely too much. I wouldn't put up with it.
But again, if you will put 33 pounds COLD in your tires it will/should shut up.

You paid $45,000?
Even at $700 for the Lojak and $600 for the Bra, that leaves something like $43000 Plus.

I just can't comment on that in any way that makes sense. But yes, for $45,000 you deserve the most perfect Murano in the US as you now own the most expensive Murano in the US.

I would keep my cool, but they would know that I was not pleased.
Unfortunately this sounds like what we used to call a "mouse House". All you need to know is that I sold cars in Tempe many moons ago and the dealership use to run people around and around. A real mouse house I later found out.
If so, you have a problem........................

BOL

Homer
$45000.00 yes.
SE Touring package, dynamic control package, gap insurance, extended warranty including wear and tear, five years of service, paint insurance, tire and wheel insurance, lojack with $5000 extended coverage, LEX bra, and probably someting else too. Got the Murano for $500 under invoice too, plus a thousand cashback that came off the price. So yes expensive, but shouldn't have to pay for anything exept gas for 5 years. So with all this I expect they should bend over backwards for us.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Well, it really doesn't matter what all you bot and what you paid.
The key here is to get the irritants fixed.

They certainly should be willing to work with you.
Take a look at what I wrote to fix these things and see what they say.

You said Gap insurance.
Is this a lease?

Homer

PS was this Berge? Do they do Nissan now?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hfelknor said:
Well, it really doesn't matter what all you bot and what you paid.
The key here is to get the irritants fixed.

They certainly should be willing to work with you.
Take a look at what I wrote to fix these things and see what they say.

You said Gap insurance.
Is this a lease?

Homer

PS was this Berge? Do they do Nissan now?
This was bought not leased from Pinnacle Infiniti/Nissan in Phoenix AZ.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Please look up under dealer ratings my dealer comment about Pinnancle thats where i got Mine. GRIP :( First time i ever put a sad face at the end of a post as I know what you are talking about.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Zoo, I have seen a few dealers that place stickers on their vehicles here in cali...one that sticks out in my mind that I have seen a few times is San Francisco BMW... I always wondered if they had to get permission from the new owner and if they gave them some sort of discount for allowing them to place those stickers on the cars... I know I'd never allow them to.

Where are you at in Contra Costa County Zooropa?

·
Registered
828 Posts
I alsways tell the dealer not to put any stickers on my new cars unless they want to pay me for advertising.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts