Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called the dealer yesterday to see if he could install SAT radio since my 04 MO had all the perks except that one. He advised that he could do it and that total costs would be $725.00 (parts and labor). He advised against aftermarket installation by other than NISSAN since I might have things "sticking out from my dash" ! My question, is his quoted cost reasonable for this work ?

Anserman

·
Registered
419 Posts
That price is totally out of line...The 2004 Murano is pre-wired so you could do the installlation yourself. It took me about 45 minutes to install mine. You can purchase the XM kit from the dealer or online for around $350.00 and that will include everything you need for the installation. If you are comfortable working on your car, I would install the XM radio yourself. Do a search and you will find the detailed directions for installing it....hope this helps....

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
At that dealer rate it might make a good business to start on the side. GRIP :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info Guys, my problem (according to my wife) is that I usually cannot boil water without screwing it up, thus for me to embark on something as esoteric as removing a dash panel from my MO could result in my car looking like the train in the Road Warrior movie !! I truly have to ponder my potential self destruction by doing this installation myself !!!

·
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
You do not need to remove the dash...It is prewired...all the wiring is under the back seat...It is very simple....Send me a PM and I will be happy to give you details on how to do it...

·
4,994 Posts
And get your FREE sat radio from grubbs I included the link above. GRIP :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I just sent email to milgrip, guess with all this info, I'll have a ruddy go at it !

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
GripperDon said:
And get your FREE sat radio from grubbs I included the link above. GRIP :D
Grip, Thanks for the link. I went there and it says I got to spend $1,000 to get sirius satellite for free. Is that what you were looking at? Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, what I think he meant is that if you drill down far enough into the "Murano" section, you can get a free cy of the NISSAN tech bulleting on how to complete the installation. Or......maybe he did mean I should spend 1k to get it free !1 LOL !!

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Anserman said:
No, what I think he meant is that if you drill down far enough into the "Murano" section, you can get a free cy of the NISSAN tech bulleting on how to complete the installation. Or......maybe he did mean I should spend 1k to get it free !1 LOL !!
Oh.. Ok... maybe I misunderstood.

·
4,994 Posts
Kind of both. My approach is that we all want many things for our MO. And You will be buying more items and Grubb has them.

So insted of spending $725 or whatever it was for the Radion take that $725 and ad $275 and get the radio plus many other items for your MO. At Grubbs the prices are pretty good and I am sure that I would love to have all those items for what is a real cost of say $275 since you are planning to spend the $725 for a only a radio. This makes your real cost for a $1000 worth of goodies only $275. Putting in the radio is easy. Grubbs will send the installation instructions along with the radio.

·
4,601 Posts
Look in the audio section, there's lots of info on installation. Also, I've got info on my website, linked below and you can also link to the Florida guys pictures.

There's lots of info right out there in the open.

·
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think I'm finally ready to make the SAT move myself. I guess the biggest barrier that's been holding me back is the subscription hassle. Since I live in Canada, this makes getting an account difficult (as far as I know). I've noticed a lot of you guys that have been posting SAT and tech info also live here in the Great White North, so I guess I should be asking you, how you get around the CRTC (eh?!)

Thanks for your help!

·
4,601 Posts
Family in the US....:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have a 2004 murano, what will i need to go get to make the satilite radio work... i am electronically deprived lOL. thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts