Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I filled in my Nissan Survey a few weeks back. The questions concerned my overall experience with the salesman, dealership, etc.

At the end there was a comment section and I filled this in honestly. I stated that the car was delivered to me with 49 - 50 lbs PSI per tire. I also mentioned quality control issues that Nissan should address and expressed my dismay with the window 'Tick' issue. Overall, though, I gave the car and dealership a pretty good rating.

Last night I received a phonecall from my salesman about the survey that I sent in, and in particular the tire pressure issue. He sounded a bit distraught, but I told him that I believed that the service department put me at considerable risk filling the tires so far past capacity. I don't have a whole lot of confidence bringing my car there now and my first checkup, 3750 miles is approaching soon.

O well, I still luv MO-reece, lol!:confused:

·
Mo Betta
164 Posts
Elliot,

I thought I'd read here that the tires are inflated to 49-50 lb. for shipping. That doesn't excuse the service department from letting some air out of the tires, but maybe they weren't the ones who filled them.

The reason that the sales guy was upset about the survey is that apparently only excellents count. Anything less than an excellent is the same as a poor. I think Nissan is shooting themselves in the foot with that one because there is certainly a difference between "They did a really good job, but not quite perfect," and "They did a really lousy job."

It also results in the dealership staff putting pressure (maybe not the right word, but certainly trying to influence) on those of us who fill out the surveys.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
I can't wait for someone to call me on my service survey. I had to take it in to fix or check a long list of issues, and I was very aggravated at the time. I went as far as saying, "this is probably my last Nissan" and "My family has bought over a dozen cars from them, and yet I always feel ripped off whenever I get home and really dig into the numbers."

I still haven't been called about it, but I do get the same form letter once a month from the sales manager stating that he wants to be sure we (as Nissan customers) remain happy with our purchase. I did give the service manager high marks, though. He's just stuck in a bad situation, and he treats me well. I'm sure he dreads each time a brand new model is released.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Has anyone else NOT received this survey? We bought our MO in August of 2003 and I've never received any survey from Nissan.

·
5,268 Posts
This is a standard practice these days. I received a letter from Ford dealership stating that when I get a survey from Ford I need to give them excellent marks! Hm, i am a sort of a guy who almost never gives the highest marks. I believe in continuous improvement and "there is always room for improvement". Same happened with Chrysler, Nissan, Infiniti. Funny they always say if you cannot give the highest marks please call us! What for? Is this call going to change the marks? What’s done is done. We cannot change the past. If we always give highest marks it simply means there is no room for improvement, everything is “exelente” – I doubt it.

Ford lost me when they charge me almost $500 for front wheel bearing replacement. It was under warranty but they “had to replace hub assembly” even though it was bearing that failed. So far for extended warranty. OK, I paid it. I am $500 out of pocket, but Ford is much more as I will never ever by Ford again!

These days everything and everybody is measured. Part of the culture. Pity, as the reason for measurement was twisted and misinterpreted. Originally we wanted to measure things because we wanted to improve. Unfortunately it was lost somewhere and used for which hunting………

Sorry for whining…….. let’s go and measure something (or some…….er………….body :D)

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
fdonaghy said:
Has anyone else NOT received this survey?
Have you ever taken the car back to the dealership for service? I only get the surveys after taking the car in for service. After my service visits, the service manager calls me and I swear he's reading from a card, "You will receive a survey from Nissan asking about your experience during this service visit. Please remember that any rating less than 'excellent' is the same as a zero." Once he was reading so quickly that he stumbled on his words and had to back up in order to get through it.

That just aggravates me even more. Say it because you mean it, not because you have to put a checkmark next to my name on the list of calls you need to make that day. Its like a waiter asking, "how's everything, good?" as he keeps walking past your table.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
My dealer and also the same place i have sent the Mo for maintenance...

is so far OK.

When i bought the car from them, the salesmand and the sales manager did mention about 'not excellent ' means 'bad'. I think it has something to do with how much incentive nissan can give them :p . He mentioned this 'how-to-fill-the-survey' twice to me.
So i guess it is very important for them.

I filled up the survey honestly.
I recall there was the question: " DID your dealer discuss this survey with you?" and then "How did you feel about dealer discussing the survey with you"? ... I said : 'yes' and 'OK'

My dealer treated me well, and they respect and did not haggle.

The service dept is even better.
When i sent my car in, the salesmanager with whom i bought the car, drop by and say hi. And specially request the service manager to 'take care of me '.
Eveytime i sent my car for service and after i picked up the car, the service manager call me a day after, and asked about the repair-experience. They fix several TSBs and checked several TSBs. So far my dealer is good.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The survey is one of the means by which the manufacturer determines whether a dealer is worthy of certain preferential treatment, such as getting a shipment of desirable vehicles (i.e. no purple or yellow cars) and price discounts.

I got a letter from the dealer saying anything but excellent is "poor" but then I also got a separate letter from Nissan saying to answer honestly. My survey was actually conducted on the phone (somebody from NNA called me).

If you have issues the dealer will jump to attention if you mention it them before you fill out the survey. If you've put all excellents, and then your Murano has a problem, good luck getting the dealer to bend over backwards (or even to lift a finger) to accomodate you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've taken it back to the dealer for 2 oil changes and the 7500 mile tire rotation....and have never received any kind of survey. Is the survey handed to you at the time or do you receive it in the mail? I do recall the salesman mentioning the survey, along with the standard line about "anything but excellent means poor".

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
fdonaghy said:
I've taken it back to the dealer for 2 oil changes and the 7500 mile tire rotation....and have never received any kind of survey. Is the survey handed to you at the time or do you receive it in the mail? I do recall the salesman mentioning the survey, along with the standard line about "anything but excellent means poor".

Well my boneheaded dealership got the address on my registration wrong (delaying my license plates by 6 months) so I never got the survey by mail. I got a phone call from Nissan instead. But I think its usually a piece of paper you fill in that you get in the mail, about a month after purchasing the car. Sometimes the dealership will send it out to you - I hope they did not forge the survey on your behalf (with all excellents) and send it to Nissan, although I would not put this beyond most automotive dealerships.

·
Registered
424 Posts
fdonaghy said:
Is the survey handed to you at the time or do you receive it in the mail?
The surveys are mailed to you. I received the purchase survey about three weeks after I bought my vehicle. In my case, I think the salesman's commission was based on the results of the survey.

As far as the service surveys, I wonder it you only get these if warranty service is done. My Murano has been in for service twice. The first time was for an oil change. Didn't receive a survey. Second time was 7500 mile service and for a warranty repair. I received a survey about two weeks later, and it specifically addressed the warranty work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts