Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The parts guy at the dealer I bought my '06 Murano from says you can't get parts to convert the Bose 6 cd changer to xm. From looking at the owners manual and advertising this does not appear to be the case. Can someone tell me what the parts I need are and the approximate cost for dealer installation? Thanks.

·
Registered
261 Posts
sullivac said:
The parts guy at the dealer I bought my '06 Murano from says you can't get parts to convert the Bose 6 cd changer to xm. From looking at the owners manual and advertising this does not appear to be the case. Can someone tell me what the parts I need are and the approximate cost for dealer installation? Thanks.
The car can have XM or Sirius, Find another dealer, look up grubbs nissen. The car is pre wired for both, parts cost about 300 or so

Larry

·
Registered
111 Posts
Bought mine at grubbs. Installed it yourself and save some money. Not difficult what so ever. If you have the Bose system, then your Mo should have been pre-wired.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. Does the funny looking antenna on the '06 work with XM or will I have to install another?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I bought an '06 Murano SL in Feb. of '06. It is pre-wired for Sat. Radio XM or Sirius.

I had the dealer install the Factory XM kit before I took delivery. They installed the unit and an XM antenna. Antenna was installed on the roof near the back. Works like a charm.

Find another dealer. All the Nissan dealers should know how to do this install.

Good Luck!
Alan

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
"Thanks for the responses. Does the funny looking antenna on the '06 work with XM or will I have to install another?"

If you are talking about the short stick on the front of the roof, you are talking about the AM/FM antenna and you will have to install another antenna.
You can order the antenna from the same dealer that supplies the Tuner.
The antenna can be mounted on the rear of the top OR it can be mounted IN the rear hatch near the top (behind the inspection cover). The hatch is made out of plastic and will still allow good operation.
Just depends on whether you want stealth or you want to say "hey everybody, I have Satellite!".

Alan is right.
Start by getting a new dealer.
The Murano has some complex things.
The Sat Radio ain't one of them.

Homer

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Funny thing. I was talking to the dealer couple of weeks ago and he told me that only XM can be installed. He told me " Nissan is not making Sirius receivers for Murano".:)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Murano_driver said:
Funny thing. I was talking to the dealer couple of weeks ago and he told me that only XM can be installed. He told me " Nissan is not making Sirius receivers for Murano".:)
What dealership are you guys getting these bull**** statements from!??

Installing a sat radio is 300 dollars?!? A 6th grader could install it! Takes 20 minutes! Hardest part is running "a" wire, everything else is "plug and play". What are they charging an hour $900???

Nissan service departments make me SICK! ...This is why I'm a member of this site... to learn how to install/repair my Murano myself!

I think I've saved myself about $500 dollars so far with the help of the other members of this site!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts