Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to carefully take off the dealers sticker but was unable to get all the sticky compound off the body.

Any suggestions on what to use to get the rest of the sticky stuff off?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I can vouch for the Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover. I removed the dealer sticker from the back of my Murano a couple of weekends ago, and it worked like a charm! It also got rid of a bunch of bug juice, just as advertised! Y'know, we saddle our bugs down here in Florida! :2:

Jeff

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Mine did, even when I asked them not to. I didn't want them using a razor blade and accidently cutting the weatherstrip or something, and I wanted it rolled up and not folded. Luckily they didn't cut anything, but they did fold it and they left some goo behind that I still had to clean off myself.

FlyerNo9, did you get it off ok?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here is a bit of trivia. Did you know that the dealer sticker is called a maroney? I kept thinking that my salesman was referring to my Murano by some weird nickname.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Actually it's called a Monroney. And I don't know about these days, but it used to be part of the federal Monroney law (Named after the congressman that proposed the law) that only the buyer could remove the sticker. LOL. Doubt that anybody would prosecute the dealer for taking it off for you after the sale.

But there is a fine for removing it before the sale, for sure.

Dates back to at least the early 60s that I know of.

Berge Ford in Tempe Ariz (Where I was a salesman) had a problem in the late 70s when Vandals broke the windows of a couple of cars, destroying the Monroneys in the process. Now they had to get new Monroneys.

Took us several weeks to get authorizrd replacements from Ford.

Anyway, I am sure enjoying my Nissan "Monroney".

:D

Homer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts