Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought we could share some experience with the dealers. Especially the most memorable ones. When I was shopping for my Murano I had done some homework on the Internet before I approached the dealers. Here are some questions I asked and the answers I received.

Q. What is the difference between SE and SL versions?
A. You know, the SE is the top of the line, loaded.

Q. Is there any difference in transmissions?
A. O, yes. The SE has 5 –speed while the SL 4-speed automatic transmission.

Q. I thought they both have continuously variable transmissions.
A. (with a look as if I was stupid and complete ignorant) I told you already.

Q. What about difference in suspensions. I think the SE is kind of harder.
A. No, this is the difference it tires compound.

Q. But I can see both have the same tires types.
A. Yes, but the compound is different.

I wanted a car with VDC, unfortunately dealer did not have the right color and package (in the end I ended up with cold package instead, as if I needed it in Atlanta. My wife did not want to wait though) and his explanation was:

“I drove one equiped with VDC. I did not notice any difference. Anyway, it does not work above 20 mph. And why would anyone want to drive a car with VDC”.

Anybody out there with similar experience?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Can't remember

I was told some absurd things by sales people (back in June), but it was important for me to remember the real scoop, so I managed to forget most of it (replace it with facts, from here mainly, and reviews and Nissan sites).

I am with a dealer who likes to figure out the cars and who enjoy my reports of what's up with Murano... very receptive... no new BS has been fed into my brain for a while.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Here's a couple:

Q: So, I'm guessing that the SAT button on the radio means the Murano is equipped with a satellite tuner?

A: Yes, it is. All you have to do is call a phone number and activate the tuner.

Q: And where is the satellite radio antenna?

A: It's the short antenna right in front of the sunroof!

Q: How is the navigation system updated with new roads and stuff? Do you have to buy a new disc every year?

A: No. Updates are downloaded to the navigation system through the GPS satellite using the antenna in front of the sunroof.

I swear....these are all true! :eek:

·
Registered
487 Posts
LOL, these are great! Thankfully my salesperson was fairly knowledgable. He didn't have any wacky answers, but there were a few things he didn't know about (and I did!) ;)

Example: DVD navigation. He thought it would have to go in the dash player.

"It's not like you're going to listen to 6 CDs straight anyway, unless you're on some big roadtrip."

"Actually, there's a dedicated DVD drive. It's right down here, take a look."

Otherwise he was good, he did most of his homework. I don't hold the nav bit against him because they supposedly didn't move that many MO's with nav systems through the dealership.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts