Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last Monday we take the Murano in for its 22,500 mile birthday present. My wife e-mails me that the dealership says we must replace our air filter (that was just replaced in December/January) - possible but unlikely. I said we'd check it out when we got home and if it needed to be replaced we'd buy one and do it.

Tuesday, Check Engine light comes on. My wife calls the dealership.

"Oh, you must have just gotten gas."

How about asking, "Did you just get gas?" Ask - not accuse.

She politely tells them that she didn't as there is a half tank in there.

"Well, it will be okay to drive - bring it in on Thursday."

He must have hooked up the scan tool to my wife while she was holding on to her keys or something.

Thursday we bring it in...

The Charcoal canister was bad. What the jackhole tells my wife is that there are squares in the road the sense your emissions. When they find something they send it to the car's computer. "It's really hard to explain." :rolleyes:

I hear this and just start laughing.

So, I started thinking - maybe these service guys have contests of who can come up with the biggest line of BS and have the customer believe it.

I just had to share.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Thats a good one

Squares in the road that sense the emissions, I'm going to have to remember that one. :2:

I think you're right - They must have contests to see who can come up with the biggest tales.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
That one big BIS i have ever heard form a dealer...

perhaps it is because your wife who went there in the first place. No being sexist here, but usually they thought women are easier target for their BS. If it had been you who went there.... i dont think they will shoot all that crap.

Anyway, forgive me asking, you said : "the Charcoal canister was bad". What is a charcoal canister?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The charcoal canister captures fuel vapors from your gas tank, since the tank is normally unpressurized when the engine is off. Sometimes the charcoal canister on Nissans can trip a code if the wiring gets wet (its right behind the gas tank) after driving through a large puddle, or you may hbe overfilled the gas tank (topping off) and flooded the canister. In either case, this should be covered under warranty - but don't top off the tank!

Squares on the road eh? hehehe :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts