Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m down to my last decision: Where to buy? Since I have 3 quotes for just a few hundred over invoice, I can pretty much force any one of the dealers to match my best price and even if they don’t, it will only cost me a few hundred either way. What I am concerned with now is who has the best service department. Does anyone have experience with Nissan service departments in the far suburbs of Chicago? Specifically, Woodfield Nissan in Schaumburg or McGrath Nissan in Elgin. I’d like to go with McGrath because it is closer to me. Any information would be helpful. Thanks very much, in advance.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
It doesn't make a difference which dealer you buy it from, the service departments will still service your car wherever you take it to. Unless you plan on buying a service contract, I would just go to the dealer that has the exact model you want and work a price out with them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eric L. said:
It doesn't make a difference which dealer you buy it from, the service departments will still service your car wherever you take it to.
It actually does make a difference where I purchase it because the dealership in Elgin has a "gold card" they hand out if you purchase the vehicle there which entitles you to free loaners, $10 off every oil change and 10% off parts. The reason I don't just buy it there and be done with it is because all that won't be worth bubkiss if the service department sucks.
Unless you plan on buying a service contract, I would just go to the dealer that has the exact model you want and work a price out with them.
There is no dealer in the state that has the exact model I want. I am going to have to order the vehicle and wait for it and as I said in my first post, I've already got the price worked out within a couple hundred bucks.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I have had good luck with Gerald Nissan in Naperville. I think there is also a location on Orchard Road?

I don't get the bonus items you mentioned i.e. Gold Card/Loaner - however I haven't had problems getting what I asked for as far as service requests. I wonder if that is something you can request at the time of purchase. We have a spare vehicle that sees a lot of garage time so it wasn't a big deal for us.

Last week we took it in for an oil change. I had made a list of problems I wanted looked at.

Window Rattle - Not fixed but the parts are on order.

FM reception - Fixed - got a call today from the service manager to see if I was happy.

Squeek in gauge cluster - they couldn't duplicate - I haven't been able to reproduce since we got it back...

Loose center console - fixed.

Loose driver's seat - I haven't felt it but my wife has. They were unable to duplicate...

All in all - I am pretty satisfied with the level of service. I guess it is higher than I anticipated coming from some of my other dealership nightmares and stories from others. I expected a few problems with the first year of a new model. Technicians are still learning about the vehicle.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
service depts

Thanks for the info GMTURBO43.

I talked to the salesman at McGrath (Elgin) and he said that they got highest customer satisfation in the state for the month of sept. Does anyone know if there is someplace I can verify this. There should be a site somewhere that lists servcie deptarment ratings for dealership.

·
Registered
66 Posts
McGrath

I had many issues with the people at McGrath. They had tried to make me pay for a couple warrenty issues. This is my opinion: I will never deal with McGrath Again. I wrote many letters to Nissan about them.

I go to Gerard in North Aurora for my service. Woodfield is OK but they can be very busy and funny to deal with.

·
Registered
792 Posts
That's it - Gerald in North Aurora.

I live about 5-7 minutes from the Gerald in Naperville - so that is part of my reason for going there.

I did ask about a loaner the other day - and it didn't sound as though it was possible to get one. I can't imagine they can't give a demo car or something. Again, it isn't a big deal as we have a second car to drive.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: McGrath

----------j---- said:
I had many issues with the people at McGrath.
This came a little late as I placed my order on Wednesday. I'll let you know how they treat me.
Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry

Sorry about posting too late... Im sure they will work out for you. You can get it serviced anywhere. Just becareful with their service Dept. Just curious???? Why did you have to order your M-O? Woodfield has 47 and gerards between the two have 122 M-O's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts