Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I LOVE my new Murano, but truly wish it wasn't a Nissan!!! I am so sick of Nissan's poor service. I have had Nissans for the last 6 years or so and truly love their product, but these dealers are horrible! I have jumped around from dealer to dealer trying to find one that actually cares or can do the job right. I don't believe one exists. The one that I actually did buy my Murano from has been the best one that I have used thus far, but still had to bring the car back a few days after I bought it. I noticed immediately upon driving away from picking up the car that on the highway the steering wheel would shudder at about 60-70 mph, and had a pull to the left. I checked the tire pressure and it ranged from 30-38 psi. Then I noticed that the sunroof didn't work right, hard to explain, just totally possessed. So I brought the car back. They called me later in the day, said the car was ready to be picked up but needs a new sunroof motor. They had adjusted the tire pressure, balanced it and said the pull was due to the pressure in the tires. I would have to bring my car back again to have the new sunroof motor installed when it arrived. Well the shudder is gone, but I really believe it still pulls to the left. I feel like I always have to apply the slightest bit of pressure to the left side of the steering wheel to make it travel straight! Anyway, what I am trying to get at is, don't they check the vehicle prior to delivery? I mean, my car was a few towns away at another dealership. The salesman had to go pick it up. I find it very hard to believe he didn't feel the shudder. Has anyone out there had a good experience with a Nissan dealership??? I have gone to about 7 in the last 6 years either to buy a car or have one serviced and have yet to find one that is any good. I will say, again, that the one I used most recently was pretty good, but lost points for the fact that I have already had to bring the car back twice within the 1st month for things that they should have noticed 1st. THIS IS A NEW CAR!?? I have had fewer problems with used cars! AAAHHH!!! :evil:

·
4,664 Posts
Quality of Dealerships for Nissan seems to vary greatly. I've got dealers that suck and others that are great...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I shopped 7 different dealers before deciding...

and it was actually Ownersite that led me to the light...

7 dealers, 8 different salespeople, spoke to 3 different sales managers...

5 salespeople were idiots, complete idiots, no product knowledge, I knew more than they did...

Only had call backs from two salespeople. Left a voice mail for one sales manager and emailed him the details of the car I wanted and never heard from him again...

My salesperson takes care of everything for me. Great customer service. Dealership has excellent reputation. No major problems so far, and I am not expecting any.

Picked my car up at night and it has rained every day since except for today. So, I washed my car today and found an ever so slight chip in the paint on the rear bumper, probably 2 or 3 mm in diameter. I figured my bad for picking up at night, or maybe it happened while in my possession. Went to the dealer to pick up mud flaps and asked for touch up paint and pointed to the spot. My salesperson said "When can you bring it in on a Friday? My touch up guy will do it for you, no charge!"

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I was really holding out hope for this new dealership that I found and bought the car from. Maybe they'll come through in the end. I am going to continue to bring my Murano to them for service as I have exhausted all other options in the area. My next step will be to pay the premium price and bring it to the local Infiniti dealership if these guys don't work out... Anyway we'll see. I am still waiting to hear back regarding the faulty sunroof motor, and they say they fixed the shudder and the pull to the right, but I still notice a slight shudder in the steering wheel and it still pulls!!! Has anyone else noticed either of these issues? Maybe I'm being overly sensitive? I thought maybe the slight shudder was do to the VDS? I really want to love this car, I hope they can get it right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts