Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a decent steering wheel cover/protector? Everything I find is either too bulky or cheesy looking.

THanks,
RZ

·
Registered
180 Posts
RZ

I've got one I think is nice. It's black (which works well the charcoal interior, of course) and is a "slip-on." Unlike other slip-ons I've tried, it fits nice and snug -- no movement at all. And it's got ridges -- good grip in all temperatures. No, it's not one of those foam covers; it's more like vinyl/leatherette/fake leather, but don't let that fool you -- it's nice. A friend of mine with a hyped-up Jetta loved it and bought one for his ride. Unfortunately, I bought it in Canada at Canadian Tire. I'll try to get you the make of it and the model/style. It was pretty cheap -- about $12 Cdn (yeah, I know -- about $3 US :rolleyes: ).

:roadtrip:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Ironically I am off to Canada monday and will be staying near a Canadian Tire. A part # would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
RZ

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I hear Wheelskins are pretty nice. Do a search on Yahoo or Google and you'll find tons of wheelskins dealers. You can color key the cover to your interior.

I actually like the stock leather wheel of the Murano, nice and compact but with a slightly hefty feel (probably due to the lousy steering assist while the vehicle is not moving).

·
Registered
180 Posts
RZ

It's an "action grip" by Axius and it sells for $14 Cdn. They've got another one very similar by Bell but it doesn't have that fake leather grain to it. I dunno -- makes it look cheaper (and it is -- only $10). Personally, I like the grainy look better. You can get any colour you want as long as it's black. The main reason I got mine was to keep from chewing up the leather with rings, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts