Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my wife and I after having taken a Murano home overnight decided to go ahead and buy our first MO. We never have made a purchase quite this large before so we are understandibly nervous.

The dealership is going to go get us the MO we want. It's across the state but we figure it is worth it if it is the color and package we want. I'm pretty sure I got as good a deal as I could. I used to work at a dealership in college for a little while, so I kind of knew what to expect when it came down to the bottom line. Just the financing on leases confuses me a little. Here is what we hope we're getting on Tuesday.

2006 Murano SL Glacier Pearl FWD with Leather Package, Cargo Mat, Carpeted floor mat.

The MSRP $32,595 w/ destination.

I think my company gets VPP, but I might be wrong, I have to check on Monday. I guess I'll do invoice if not.
After sending our salesman back with unacceptable numbers($300 off sticker, $3000 down) he came back with our lease deal .

If I do get VPP they showed VPP as $29748 vs. the $32595.
They said with nothing down ALL fees (except first months payment) included and sales tax included that it would be $397 a month for 42 months.
I had printed off something on Edmunds that showed how leases were figured and had the money factors from some posts on this site.
I personally came up with a figure of $375 per month. I'm guessing that the difference had to do with sales tax maybe being more than 8.25%, that fact that I said 15k a year on the lease (Icouldn't find out if 12 or 15 k was the standard mileage and how to figure that in) and they said all I pay is 1st month so I guess it also included the Delivery and Handling fees, doc fees lease inception costs etc????? If anybody thinks I could do better just let me know. The edmunds link is www.edmunds.com/leasing.html.
I know the dealership has to make some money and I told the salesman I know that he'd only get a "mini" $100 for this one, but it wasn't a very hard sale for him. I was very nervous going into deal but I had been to there dealerships before and thought if they knew the type of shopper I was they wouldn't give me a hassle, and they didn't.
I know the

We are excited about our new Murano! I can already see myself wanting to buy some nice chrome wheels to go with the MO.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have another question for everyone. I know this might somewhat depend on the state I live in.

My wife and I decided to sell our car outright.
Should I really be having the dealership add in the sales tax to the payments?
Won't the money we make from selling the car on our own payoff the sales tax for the new vehicle. I'm not sure how that works when your'e not trading it into the dealership?

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you don't want to pay interest on taxes then put money down. Pay the amount of taxes with what you made on the sale of your old car.

·
Registered
747 Posts
turbodiesel

If you can - wait for Shappy0869 to take a look on this forum. Shappy is pretty good with the lease numbers.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have attached a lease calculator to make things easy for you.

The residual percentages posted in another thread are for 15K miles/year.

You should check to see how your state calculates sales tax on leases. Most charge sales tax on the monthly payment and you pay it monthly. However, others charge the sales tax on the total of payments and it is paid for up front. Others charge sales tax on the entire selling price.

Your lease start-up costs should be first payment, the $550 acquisition fee, tags and any state fees. You can roll any of these into the lease payment if you like.

As for sales tax and your old car, you would only get a sales tax credit if you trade your old car into the dealership (depending on your state, but most do it this way). If you sell your car on your own, you don't get any sales tax credit on the Murano.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts