Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2020 SL last week and just noticed these rough burn-like patches on the bottom corners of the front and back passenger side doors. Does anyone know what this is or have this problem?

Thanks for your help,

Mel

1585578376038.jpeg
1585578408498.jpeg

·
Registered
754 Posts
Did you have your Murano undercoated/rustproofed?

Some of the photos have a spray pattern that looks like it was sprayed from below...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I did. Permaplate’s Rustguard was applied. Is this normal for a wax-based application? Should I get this fixed or repainted?

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
It's not hurting anything, and if it's undercoating, it's helping prevent rust from attaching those areas. I suppose you could get a solvent and rub it to remove it, but you may end up with a smeared appearance if you don't remove it down to the edge of the door. You DO NOT want to paint over it. There is no harm done at all.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Also, seeing it's a wax-based coating, maybe a hair dryer will help soften it up some to aid in cleanup...

I'd check with the placed that performed the undercoating. This probably happens from time to time, so if they're a reputable operation they should have some knowledge and be able to clean it up for you...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts