Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Indeed a strange find. Probably better if it came from your sound system than something else back there. Sorry I cannot be of more help, but if I see anything in the FSM I will let you know.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Cryogenix said:
Been too busy to crawl under the dash with a flashlight and check it out. I wonder if that thing is why my SES light is always on. The light came back on the day after the dealership reset it, after installing the replacement CD player.

I doubt this thing came from the head unit, as I had taken everything apart and there's simply no opening large enough for that thing to fall out of. I only hope it didn't come from somewhere deep up in the dash, where I won't be able to easily access its home.

Eric...what is FSM?
FSM = factory shop manual. A requirement for the Murano enthusiast!

You should find out what the code is that caused your SES light to be on. Driving with that light on for a long time may damage your engine.

·
4,601 Posts
My WAG is it's off the display, if you have the monochrome one...

While there's a cover on the back, I don't recall it being completely over everything...

Hmmm.. Time to look at pictures.

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
Or it could be off the control board.... Which would be more likely since they shouldn't be pulling your display and could have knocked it off. It's only soldered on.

I expect it's a filter cap for the power supplied to the board to keep noise down.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
In the two pictures above, I see three of the suspects! Great pics jaak.

·
4,601 Posts
Or out of the radio, when they were replacing things? This is with the cassette deck out. It could migrate out the cassette slot.

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
While I agree, it shouldn't make it out the rest of the case, the cassette slot's big enough, but I find it unlikely....

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
I think it's just the lighting on the first pic. There's normally a plastic cover over that circuit board on the back of the display.

·
4,601 Posts
Same value in the second pic. I don't have a clear shot of the first one....

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
When you go to delete, do you click on the check box and then click on the button?

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts