Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
We bought my 2020 Platinum Murano in Aug 2020. In Nov 2020 a deer collided into my drivers side front tire, it also damaged the drivers door where it hardly opened for me to squeeze out. My question is...how do I get my music to stay on until I open my door. I swear up and down I had it before the accident and now I don’t. I LOVED that option and want it back but nobody seems to know how to fix it and making me second guess myself. Can someone please help or put me in a right direction for answers. Thanks

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
From what I have heard over the years, the music stops on 3rd gen Muranos when the engine is turned off...

·
Registered
2017 Murano SL Platinum
18 Posts
Hi there,
We bought my 2020 Platinum Murano in Aug 2020. In Nov 2020 a deer collided into my drivers side front tire, it also damaged the drivers door where it hardly opened for me to squeeze out. My question is...how do I get my music to stay on until I open my door. I swear up and down I had it before the accident and now I don’t. I LOVED that option and want it back but nobody seems to know how to fix it and making me second guess myself. Can someone please help or put me in a right direction for answers. Thanks
I have a 2017 GEN3 and when I shut engine off , radio goes off right away, what a dumb ass design, should stay on until I open the drivers door like every other car on the planet. This is a BIG pet peeve I have about the Murano GEN3.

·
Super Moderator
1,216 Posts
I have a 2017 GEN3 and when I shut engine off , radio goes off right away, what a dumb ass design, should stay on until I open the drivers door like every other car on the planet. This is a BIG pet peeve I have about the Murano GEN3.
There a little wiring diagram out there that uses two 12v relays that can be added to the Murano's radio power wire that will keep the radio on until a door is opened, by monitoring the dome light.

The only problem is that this bypasses the built-in battery saver warning that pops up when you're sitting in the car listening to the radio with the car off. By having to listen in acc mode, Nissan is preventing a low battery issue, which caused havoc with the Murano's electronics.

Have a good day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts