Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Delta Bike Haul rack. I purchased mine from www.bikepartusa.com for $205 + S&H. The assembly instructions merely consisted of a diagram but it wasn't too difficult to figure out. The rack isn't too heavy (37 lbs) and is quite well made. The threaded hitch pin holds the rack very securely but it is not lockable. If you want to lock the rack and/or bike, either a cable or a locking hitch pin is required. Once the bike is loaded, the bike is very secure and will not bounce. There is an easily adjustable extension arm that clamps to the seat post for rigidity. The entire rack is infinitely adjustable. This rack will carry the most extremely shaped 2-wheeled bike with ease. Loading and unloading a bike takes about 30 seconds and there is no need to mess with removing wheels as in a roof type rack.

Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
photo2

This angle is deceiving. The bike appears huge since it is closer to the camera than the car. In reality, the wheels don't stick out an dI can't see them at all from my side mirrors.

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
js - thanks for the pics, that rack looks like it works real good.
I still haven't got mine but will definitely look into the Delta.
Do you know if they have a 3 or 4 bike model?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure - they make an extension for two additional bikes.

...and I forgot. Assembly took less than 45 minutes. Could be done much quicker but I was not in a hurry. They also include a ratchet, bits, allen wrenches, and any other tool needed for assembly.

·
Registered
777 Posts
js - What attaches the bikes? It looks like 2 velcro straps on the wheels & maybe a bar in the center of the bike?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The tires go into a "V" type channel. One end is fixed and the opposing end is adjustable to accomodate different wheelbases. There is a rigid center arm that pivots at the bottom and quick release on the center support shaft to extend it up towards the seat where another quick release secures to the seat post. That center post keeps the bike held down and prevents virtually all movement in any direction. Since it attaches high on the bike, the bike remains quite stable. The bikes might move ever so slightly but over bumps and around corners, I looked back and everything seemed rock solid. Bikes can be loaded so that one is facing to the right and one is facing to the left for additional handlebar and pedal clearance between bikes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts