Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this as a reply in another thread, but I think it deserves its own thread to make sure people interested in an official Nissan-supported OEM iPod interface for the MO see it.

Nissan must know there is a demand for an iPod interface and accessories, at least for the '05 and '06 MO's. They have the "official" interface for some of their other models, like the Xterra and others.

The MO is their top-selling SUV, and that's before they started the recent advertising campaign. Also, the MO is their top end luxury SUV, so it would likely have the most demand for a factory iPod interface.

Right now, there is "almost" a factory model. Some other threads have shown success with the Xterra iPod adapter with a few minor mods, such as an extension cable. At this point in time, Nissan should have an official iPod interface for the MO.

What about a write-in or call-in campaign to Nissan to request an official iPod interface for the Murano. Can anyone suggest the right phone numbers, email, or mailing addresses to make this request?

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Good Luck!

Alan

·
Registered
14 Posts
i would definately buy one if it was made for the mo!!! i have been customizing cars and car products for 10 years and i am just tired of "modding" products to fit right. i would love an ipod adaptor designed specifically for the mo!! put my name on the list!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can someone tell us how to contact Nissan so we can start a campaign to ask them for this iPod interface for the MO?
Address, email, mailing address of the right part of Nissan to contact? Someone at Nissan USA who will listen?

Thanks!

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
All cars need ........

1. Aux Audio in with display support

2. Aux Video In.

3. One time only acceptance or agree warning.

4. Rear Camera

5. Assignable Infotainment Control keys

6. Down loadable Up dates and data for NAV

7. Built in On Board Diagnostics via Nav Screen

8. Simple Simon operation choice.

9. Electronic shearchable vehicle manual and service record.

These are what I want, If you don't need them or want them they could not be used. And would be selectable like a setup screen on a TV.

All IMO

·
Registered
255 Posts
But Alan, this is soooo close to perfect! I wish I had shown you mine so you could see in person how slick this is! I think this forum needs a "how to" place so folks can see at a click how to install different add on's. I've typed up the directions on how to install these boxes in at least three different threads now! Some day I've got to take photos of every step and post them so it's more helpful than reading.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rixmo:

I would love to see your iPod install. I can show you my old-style install.

I really want to see how the track selection works.

We both live in Pittsburgh. Maybe we could meet at one of the Nissan Dealers, like John Sissan Nissan, Bowser, Cochran (So. Hills), or Wright.
The service dept at John Sissan is very friendly, and I'm sure they would like to see this install. (I bought my MO at John Sissan.)

Please send me an email or PM so we can set up a time to see our iPod installs.

Thanks,
Alan

·
Registered
16 Posts
2006 Murano/ ipod

rixmo - true it seems like the exterra/titan harnesses are close to a factory interface but there is more functionality on the '05s - the 06s are unable to use their steering wheel controls....bummer for me
:(

·
Registered
248 Posts
Re: 2006 Murano/ ipod

Murano Bliss said:
rixmo - true it seems like the exterra/titan harnesses are close to a factory interface but there is more functionality on the '05s - the 06s are unable to use their steering wheel controls....bummer for me
:(
I thought the lack of steering controls on the '06 was due to using the Xterra harness instead of the Titan one? Are you certain that there is no "full control use" interface for the '06?

Regs,
Jeff (coming dangerously close to owning a Mo)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Jeff,

No I'm not 100% sure. I haven't purchased either harness for my '06 yet - I'm hoping Nissan will release one soon. However, I've read many of the ipod posts and believe this is true....

anyone else want to confirm this one way or the other?

Either way, I'm completely thrilled with my Murano - it's a great ride for the price. So much more stylish than anything else in its class. Also I am very happy with my nissan dealer in la - had no problems and they've treated me very well so far.

·
Registered
17 Posts
ipod sucks.

good thing i got the bose mp3 player.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think there's a couple million people out there across the world that would disagree with your assessment.

And, as they say, "different strokes for different folks". Personally, I think anyone that WANTS a system that sounds like the Bozo system clearly has no idea about what they are missing in sound quality. Then again, I did audio work for 14 years before switching to video, and yet I'd still take the sounds of my own iPod against that of the God awful Bose system in my Mo'. Time is a tickin' on the life of the audio handicap in my Mo. If only I had as much money and time as I'd like to have to rip all the Bozo stuff out and put in quality components.

Enjoy your new purchase and welcome to the forum. Also, "Hi" from a fellow Houston area Mo owner.

Regs,
Jeff

windfern said:
ipod sucks.

good thing i got the bose mp3 player.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm with you Jeff! The OEM Bose system BLOWS or BLOSE!! :3:

It's amazing how much better my system sounds with:

JL Audio Slash 300/4V2 driving Focal 165V1 X 4
JL Audio Slash 250/1V2 driving JL Audio "Stealthbox" for Murano
Nissan OEM iPod Interface

Bob T.
Austin, TX :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
SliderJeff said:
I think there's a couple million people out there across the world that would disagree with your assessment.

And, as they say, "different strokes for different folks". Personally, I think anyone that WANTS a system that sounds like the Bozo system clearly has no idea about what they are missing in sound quality. Then again, I did audio work for 14 years before switching to video, and yet I'd still take the sounds of my own iPod against that of the God awful Bose system in my Mo'. Time is a tickin' on the life of the audio handicap in my Mo. If only I had as much money and time as I'd like to have to rip all the Bozo stuff out and put in quality components.

Enjoy your new purchase and welcome to the forum. Also, "Hi" from a fellow Houston area Mo owner.

Regs,
Jeff

I'm not saying that Bose is the best but iPod is not any better.

I'd rather have the mp3 CD capability rather than an AUX input jack on my Murano. I already bought 3 diffrent versions of iPod and I ended up selling it cuz it's just a poor product with one exception, its style. sounds quality & battery life, terrible.

I know a lot of people hate Bose, but hey, Bose is still strong in the market. what that tells ya?

·
MO'ing since 5/16/07
337 Posts
I know a lot of people hate Bose, but hey, Bose is still strong in the market. what that tells ya?
That they have a great marketing department and the general public believes the hype instead of actually listening to the speakers. You can get speakers that blow Bose away for a fraction of the price.

Bose and Monster definitely get their money's worth out of the marketing departments! (Monster is decent quality but way overpriced - Bose is terrible quality at the price of great quality)

I hate when a dealer tries to use the Bose system as a selling point - I tell them "do you want me to consider buying this, or not?" :D

I haven't gotten the iPod interface yet, but everything I've read here states that the sound quality is outstanding. I'm still using an FM modulator, so I know the quality is a result of that technology, not the iPod itself. And I can run my iPod for several days at my desk at work before I have to charge my battery. I can't say I could expect much more.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts