Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if anyone else is experiencing this problem but i have the brushed aluminum moldings through out the car and im sorry but these are thin and crappy like a pop can. Dont get me wrong i love the way they look, it makes it look sporty but still have that luxurious class. After owning my MO for 6 months or so I wouldnt expect the aluminum to be all dented and scratched. Once i get my camera up and working ill get some pics up here, but wondering if anyone else is noticing normal wear and tear, making these moldings look like crap.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I don't have any dents or scratches, but I am VERY careful with the trim. I seldom haul anything... passengers, dogs, or a lot of cargo either. It's a daily driver for me, so there isn't a lot of stuff getting banged around inside the cabin.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got my first ding today in the lower center spoke of my steering wheel on the aluminum. I called the dealer to see how much that 2x2 squarish piece of aluminum is. Guess what... 725.00!!!!

You can't get just the piece; you gotta buy a new steering wheel. Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks...

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
mhuckaby said:
I got my first ding today in the lower center spoke of my steering wheel on the aluminum. I called the dealer to see how much that 2x2 squarish piece of aluminum is. Guess what... 725.00!!!!

You can't get just the piece; you gotta buy a new steering wheel. Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks...
ridiculous; but almost true......... 618.30 for the wheel, BUT you can get the piece aftermarket (instead)

jus in case you wanna get the entire wheel, its p/n 48430-ca101(cafe), 48430-ca100 cabern. and 48430-ca102 (black)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Junkyard

mhuckaby said:

Thanks...
I would contact a junkyard or two and see if the have a wrecked MO sitting around, then go there and take the piece off your self, not the whole steering wheel but just the part cant see it beeing more than $20, hopefully a lot less. That would be my best bet.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
mhuckaby said:
I got my first ding today in the lower center spoke of my steering wheel on the aluminum.
I got a ding on the exact same spot. I think it came with the car. I really should have gone over it better when I picked it up. No way of proving it was there.... I agree, that trim should not be "dingable"

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MVTCFP said:

I got a ding on the exact same spot. I think it came with the car. I really should have gone over it better when I picked it up. No way of proving it was there.... I agree, that trim should not be "dingable"
I agree also, but it seems it is some cheap pop can aluminum that dings easy, ill take pictures this weekend, but mine where the cell phone folder is and the shifter is all dinged up, it is terrible.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Nissan needs a solution for replacement parts like this as they finally did with the rear cup holder.

·
Registered
129 Posts
After market kits

Just do a search on Ebay for Nissan Murano and some kits show up. I am sure I have seen a brushed alum one. I must admit I think the carbon weave kits look great and I think would compliment my black interior. Haven't seen one for the Murano yet but I am sure they will soon be available.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The aftermarket kits are available for the Murano on ebay in a plethora of designs, from real wood to 40% carbon fiber, to carbon fiber fax, to almost any design you could want.
About $125 for the whole kit, front, back, dash and all. Looks sweet from the pics I have seen of a real Murano done in it.
I did hear that some of the parts that aren't rounded don't look as well. But dings look worse. And who looks that closely at interior parts? Except you when you install them.
Sometimes that is why I have someone else do stuff, so I don't notice the little "mishaps" or whatever that happen. What you don't know doesn't hurt you sometimes...

Chez

·
59 Posts
I just posted pictures of a dash kit in the "accessories" category on this forum. I think you can purchase more complete kits that have pieces to cover the aluminum including the steering wheel parts. Take a look at ebay motors under Murano parts and accessories.

·
4,664 Posts
I'd like to see brushed stainless steel... And not just a stick on, but a real replacement, that's perhaps a little thicker, so it won't dent!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts