Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished the first total detail of my two week old Mo.
I used Webril Handi-pads to apply Collinite and lay it down (first buff).

These are 100% cotton pads about 4x4 inches used for photographic cleaning and offset press plate cleaning, softer than a baby's butt. Since they are soooo white it is easy to see any dirt buildup on the applicator--and any wax buildup when you are layin it down.
After many many passes with the cotton pads I used something I haven't used before. At Costco they have had sheered lambs wool wash mits on sale for about $8 for 4. I washed the Mo with them but for the last and final buff and to catch any oopsies I used one of the mits---the results were amazing. The wool is softer than mink so it left no impressions at all. When I hit the occasional water drop from the washing sneaking out from under the trim and swept it over the finish, it evaporated instantly, I haven't seen anything do that before.

Yes, I am quite anal with a wax job. Just thought I would pass this on for the persons as anal as I--if there are any.

hehe

:2:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have not been able to find these pads but I did purchase the wash mits and will use them today. My question today is how long must I wait before waxing the MO? I can't find where on the MO the mfg. date is located. I will be using the Meguair's Gold Class Clear Coat paste car wax. I have the 303 Aerospace Protectant on order and will use it on the dash and trim. I haven't decided which leather product to use on the seats, any suggestions?

This site provided invaluable information in the selection of my MO. Thanks to you all.

SE AWD Glacier Pearl

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ann, you can wax ur MO immediately. For leather I defer to those who are more experianced at this. I use leather conditioner on my leather furniture to keep it supple an sun protected. After 10 years it still looks new--and that is with 2 young boys. Lexol has been recommended to me by top furniture stores, their web site has it for car interiors as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Mgthe3,

Thanks for the tip, it sounds like an excellent product. I'll check out the Lexol web site.

'04 SE AWD Glacier Pearl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts