Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and couldn't see anything obvious, SO.......

Learning in another thread that I payed too much for my extended coverage, and now feel like an idiot, I am wondering if I seriously got a good to decent price for what I just picked up this past weekend..

I basically got an '06 SL with the leather package (which includes the premium package as well..)

When I was doing my research on price and such, Kelly Blue Book site gives you some facts on invoice price, MSRP, and what customers are usually paying for the vehicle.

I am now slightly cautious to even mention my price because I may have gotten dupped again, but........ The invoice price (even for the leather package) was $29,711 on KBB. I basically got it for $30,000 plus tax.

Please someone make me feel better and tell me I got atleast a "decent price". Or make me smile and tell me I did good...
:confused:

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Please feel good

raycie said:

Learning in another thread that I payed too much for my extended coverage, and now feel like an idiot, I am wondering if I seriously got a good to decent price for what I just picked up this past weekend..

I basically got an '06 SL with the leather package (which includes the premium package as well..)

When I was doing my research on price and such, Kelly Blue Book site gives you some facts on invoice price, MSRP, and what customers are usually paying for the vehicle.

I am now slightly cautious to even mention my price because I may have gotten dupped again, but........ The invoice price (even for the leather package) was $29,711 on KBB. I basically got it for $30,000 plus tax.

Please someone make me feel better and tell me I got atleast a "decent price". Or make me smile and tell me I did good...
First in 5 years you will not even remember the price you paid. I you did not have a Mo That you would remember. A 1% difference is lost in the noise, But being upset or sad for even one day is terrible. Personallly I have made many "mistakes" in life. What I have paid for cars are way down on the totem pole. A great wife "Grippee" Responsible Children and a felling that you have tried to do the best you can everyday are high up. By the Way I think you did just fine. Grip

·
Registered
982 Posts
raycie said:

I agree with Grip... it's a done deal.. you own a great car. Forget about finding out if someone got a better deal or not, it doesn't matter anymore. I own my Murano a year as of next week... what I paid for it, ummmm... I don't really remember, around $30,000 I guess. If I overpaid or underpaid... doesn't matter, i'm so happy with it at this point. If you got ripped off $2,000 or you got away with $2,000... it's all in the past. Enjoy the ride from this point fwd.... and trust me, you will !! :2:

·
Registered
53 Posts
raycie said:

$29,711 vs. $30,000 invoice really isn't too bad. You just paid $300 above invoice, and that could be justified in the market you are in (geographically). If you're in a region where these things aren't even on the lot for 24 hours before they sold, then I can see you paying a little above invoice, as opposed to a little above MSRP.

Paying $300 above should not give you any great concern. I think that the only reason I went $700 below was because the car was on the lot for 2+ weeks and the dealer was saturated with inventory- plus he knew that I was looking to take the vehicle same-day.

·
Registered
389 Posts
GripperDon is right... don't fret about the price. It is what it is. You made the deal, now enjoy the vehicle. I've made plenty of mistakes in my life also (some of which were very costly) but I chalk it up as tuition for the "School of Hard Knocks."

FWIW, if you paid near invoice, you did fine. If it makes you feel any better, I paid mid-$27K for my 2 year old, used MO when I could have had a new MO similarly equipped for about $7K more. And I paid probably as much (if not more) than what others paid for their extended warranty. (I paid just under $2K for 72 month/100K mile warranty from Nissan.) So what? I am enjoying the car immensely and my wife loves it. (She actually prefers driving it over her own car.) And, if I don't use Nissan's extended warranty by 100,000 miles or 72 months, I just call-up the dealership and get a refund of my money. No interest gained, but the peace of mind is worth letting Nissan "borrow" my $2K. Or if I end-up breaking something or needing to replace the CVT (about $6K), then the warranty just paid for itself...

Don't fret the little stuff. Money comes, money goes... go out and "Seize the Day." (Carpe Diem) Enjoy the MO! :)

Bob

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
raycie-

What's that "one-hit wonder" song from the late 80s? Don't worry, Be happy.

Getting that close to invoice is a good deal. I definitely wouldn't worry about it.

Enjoy the ride.

:2:Don't worry, Be happy.:2:

-njjoe

·
Registered
78 Posts
FWIW I don't think you got scammed. I just bought my MO 2 months ago. They also priced me at $300 above invoice for either and 05 or and 06 SL 2WD with Premium PKG. I went with an 05 because they also had a $1000 factory incentive and an 05 near by that fit the bill. If I had gone with the 06 my price would have been comparable to yours. As far as the extended warranty I don't think you got scammed there either. I looked at getting the gold for my 05 and I had a friend at the dealership and he showed me the dealer pricing (dealer cost) catalog. The Gold package on a new MO was $1550 or so. So they only made $250 on that sale. Seems reasonable to me. I know someone said that got the gold for $1K but I have a hard time believing that.

And above all don't worry about it. Its done now and you diddn't get ripped. So just sit back and enjoy the wounderful new ride you just got.
My $0.02

Pacmo

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THANKS!!!

Thanks all for the help and support...

I will definitely enjoy the MO on the weekends, as it is for my better looking half. She's thrilled...

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Raycie

How about that Dam break, Bad news!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep... on Kauai but if you'd ever been there, bad....

Kauai had the hurricaine hit them years back, and now a dam break and another one close...... not like Kauai has freeways and a great and technological infrastructure...

·
Registered
324 Posts
raycie said:

-----8<-------8<-------8<------8<---------
Raycie,

First off, for my prospective this is great
information for me... Because I am in the
last stages of settling on a MO. Wife has to approve of the color. :rolleyes:

And because I am new to the Nissan world
and to the forum, (coming for a CR-V) the
pricing information is great!!! I gives more
one more bit of information that I can have under my belt when dealing with the dealers.

My only problem is finding the version
and the color.....
Midnight Blue...

So Thanks you are help some people even if you are unaware of it....

BTW.. Does anybody know why there
are so few Midnight Blue's at the dealers, At least in the south?
OK... Yes I should post that separately.. ;)

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
"BTW.. Does anybody know why there
are so few Midnight Blue's at the dealers, At least in the south? "

Guessing that the dealer buys them because they are pretty, and most people (in the south) walk past them because they are hot and because they require more maintenance (cleaning).

Homer

·
Registered
92 Posts
Call us even then raycie. You did good on your 06. I thought I did good because I got the warranty cheaper but now I feel a little taken because I paid the exact same price but without leather. I did not want leather but that brings up the value a bit. The way I look at it, I felt the vehicle was worth the price that I paid. I planned on walking if they didn't accept that offer. There will always be outside factors that may or may not apply to other buyers. Ex. locale, demand, and trade in. I had a trade in and researched that as well. I got everything I wanted for my trade in. Did all the research on my Tacoma as well. Be happy with you new car. Isn't it great?! I'm loving mine, I want to run errands just to drive it.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Frumunda Cheese said:
...The way I look at it, I felt the vehicle was worth the price that I paid.....There will always be outside factors that may or may not apply to other buyers....I got everything I wanted for my trade in.....I want to run errands just to drive it.
So true, all of it....:)

A few dollars up or down does not matter. Bottom line is you got something you really like so enjoy it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts