Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Mo owners,

This is my first post and I want to thank you everyone who share their opinions here; it is a great source of information. Now my story; 3 weeks ago I bought Nissan Murano ’03 SE AWD. It had 17,890 miles on. It include touring package (this is just my guess, because I have a roof rails), Premium package (heated leather seats, Boss, sunroof, memory for driver seat). It has all mats and the cargo cover. I also have an aftermarket DVD system (ceiling mounted 7” monitor and hidden DVD player). It also has an additional security system w/ remote start. Color is Perl White w/ Coffee Latte interior. It cost me around $25,000. Basically I got everything I wanted. I do not mind to drive SE (as you all know it has a firmer suspension) it still 5 times softer than my ’97 Maxima. Plus here in NYC we have the worst roads in US with a lot of dents and dings, so I hope my suspension will survive a little longer. My Mo looks like a million dollars and runs as a champ:D . Here is my question: Did I make a mistake to buy a used Mo? Should I be buying ’04 SL AWD base model for $28,000?

Drive careful!

·
4,664 Posts
I think you made the right choice...

What did you miss? The power lumbar in the seat (not a big deal really), a plastic cooling scoop for the CVT instead of a metal one, and the best part, you get DSL in your SE instead of the manual shift.

The manual shift is a fun toy, but in reality degrades the performance of the CVT to make it feel like an older technology transmission. You'll soon find out that flipping your transmission into S or Ds as it shows on the dash, is like shifting down a gear and always into the right one. It's great. The SE lost this, in '04 for the fun of the +/- shifting. While it's great to have +/- it's not faster and I personally believe it's an advantage in a conventional automatic, but not quite as much so, in a CVT.

The vehicle's the same underneath the toys, bells and whistles.

Besides, you said you bought it... I'd get past second thoughts and just get on with enjoying it!:D

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
I totally agree with Jaak. You could have bought a base 04 but then you would be searching on this forum trying to find ways to upgrade to what you have now anyways! Congratulations on your purchase and enjoy your MO.

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot for your posts. Jaak when I was buying my Mo I did not know much about a CVT, I just know that is where smooth and gives you a nice ride. Well I might be asking the same question it’s already might be answered here, but what exactly is DSL? I could not find much information in the manual; I just know it like going the down shift. Is it the same as turning off overdrive in other cars?

Drive careful!

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
While for that price you can get a new 04 based MO...

I still think, yours is a good buy.

Remember, either way you will have to pay depreciation for both of them. Being a year apart (03 vs 04), you will "suffer" quite the same amount ofdepreciation dollars in the next two years or so.

In terms of the accesories, i think a base 04 may not be as "fun" as an 03 with premium package and dvd system.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
A Mistake would be to not have a MO. You have done the right you decided to "GO WITH A MO" the rest is all chicken soup, filled with i couda, shouda, wouda. You got the MO! Buckle UP and ENJOY!!!!

·
4,664 Posts
DSL is what you see on your shifter on the console. Drive, Second (or sport is what you'll think if you try it enough) and Low.

Because it's a CVT, they're just different software routines. L will act like a conventional Low gear, until the software realises that, hey, you're not going to stop, and it just keeps changing the ratio as you accelerate. You never change "gears" when you change the shifters position.

I put my Murano in L at a stop light, leading onto a highway. Light went green, I floored it and took L all the way up to 70 mph before putting it in D to cruise. Like S, it keeps the engine revs up, so it's not good for cruising. (Or fuel mileage!)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Murano_driver...

I live in NY as well and purchased my MO from NEMETT Nissan in Queens. Just curious, what dealer gave u this good deal?? :7:

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Boobaba,

I bought my MO from Nissan of Queens used car department. It’s about 4-6 blocks after the new car dealership. I believe it is the same place where the service department located. Dealer name is Mike K. He helps me a lot with the price and my trade-in ;) . Hope this will help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts