Votes: 85 62.5%
  • Still thinkging about it

Votes: 25 18.4%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey...don't laugh, but what is debadgeing? I;ve never heard of that before and don't know what it means...can someone plz tell me what it means...i feel so lost =(

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
hzo - it's when you take as many names &/or numbers off of the body of your fine lookin MO & let it speak for itself.
For example on my MO I took the "MURANO" on the left & "SL AWD" on the right side of the rear hatch.
At least they didn't clutter up the sides of the MO with some 3.5 badges.

That way you keep some people guessing, but you know what your driving. ;)

Plus it's easier to clean, the wax doesn't build up in the corners of "SL AWD" :D

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
and then some people "rebadge" their ride.

They can stop by the Dodge store and pick up a V10 emblem.........

:2:

Homer

·
Registered
65 Posts
Debadged the rear end. Even the Nissan badge.
I also removed or covered most of the interior badges or labels.
Like the clean smooth look:D

Larry

·
Registered
51 Posts
inspector said:
Debadged the rear end. Even the Nissan badge.
I also removed or covered most of the interior badges or labels.
Like the clean smooth look:D

Larry
Just finished taking of the Murano and SL awd. Took a while to get the tape residue off and made a few fine scratches:(
How was the Nissan badge to take off. Is it just taped on? Are there any pins that go into the body?

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
jbar said:

Just finished taking of the Murano and SL awd. Took a while to get the tape residue off and made a few fine scratches:(
How was the Nissan badge to take off. Is it just taped on? Are there any pins that go into the body?

MY exact thinking........

i think its just taped on.....but im chicken to find out on my own...........

anyone care to share??

·
Registered
65 Posts
jbar said:

The rear Nissan badge is attached with the same gummy material as the other badges. There are no pins on the back side.

I used 6 lb fishing line to saw through the adhesive. The gummy adhesive can be removed with your fingers then finish with Goo Gone.

The Nissan badge takes longer to remove because of it's larger size.

Larry

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Inspector - could you post a pic? I wanted to see how it looks since the tailgate has a 1/2 circle just for that badge? :confused:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Change My VOte

Now that I've debadged my MO how do I change my reply to the POLL? "Yes" should now read at least 6!

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Re: Change My VOte

jbar said:
Now that I've debadged my MO how do I change my reply to the POLL? "Yes" should now read at least 6!

DITTO

SEVEN, counting my change (debadge)

now, whos' gonna show a pic of the nissan logo/emblem gone????

am thinking of ordering the smaller Z emblem (still nissan) to replace it (with CF accents)

ramble, ramble:1:

·
Registered
65 Posts
KSmurano said:
Inspector - could you post a pic? I wanted to see how it looks since the tailgate has a 1/2 circle just for that badge? :confused:
No digital camera yet. :(

I will buy one soon.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Re: Change My VOte

jbar said:
Your vote has been changed. :cool:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Not gonna de-badge, but I will remove my dealer sticker. Eventually.

It was due to come off the first time it was into my detailer, but they forgot about it. Next time, next time...

·
Registered
16 Posts
No stinking badges

I told the dealer that I would be happy to drive around town with his name on my MO. I would only charge him $20 bucks a month.
No badge!
The only badge people like on their cars in Denver is the one that says JOHN ELWAY.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts