• Still thinkging about it

Votes: 25 18.4%

• Total voters
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hello,

Here is my de-badged 2010 SL Glacier Pearl. I was hesitant at first ( I didn't de-badge my 1st Gen. But this one looks way cleaner and better.

Before

After

I'll probably save the lettering and put it on before selling it to show its a SL AWD

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
My reaction is what you said, "looks very clean".
Nice!

·
Registered
728 Posts
It looks very nice and I'm tempted to do the same as I like the clean look and I have a white Mo too! I simply removed the black dealer sticker and replaced the dealer black license frame with a plain chrome one; one dealer free promo on my car is one too many, so two was way too much...

Is the Nissan badge glued on or does it have pins protruding in the lift gate held with push-on clips? I would also put everything back when I'll sell it or trade it in.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I know back in the old days they used pins to hold them on, but I'm pretty sure they're glued on now.

·
The Phone Booth Fanatic
1,288 Posts
Is the Nissan badge glued on or does it have pins protruding in the lift gate held with push-on clips?
All the MO badges are held on with pieces of 3M VHB (Very High Bond) automotive tape. New badges come with the tape already in place with a removable covering. Take care!

Jim

·
Registered
728 Posts
Thanks! Would paint safe solvent help soften the adhesive or can I use a hair dryer? The latter is my favorite way to safely remove any kind of sticker...including parking passes on windshield, dealer sticker, etc. on any object!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I had this big white thick foam type emblem from the dealer. Used a hair dryer, worked great.

Had a tip from the G-35 forum when I took off that dealer name decal. They said to use WD-40, I was REALLY? Yup, that is what I used to get off the left over glue and maybe even a little Goo-Gone followed up with a touch of auto wax.

·
Super Moderator
7,793 Posts
I drive what I drive, and I'm not fooling anyone. Also, a Murano is NOT a stealth vehicle. All I did was take the dealer URL off the back window. That's crap.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Never a fan of these badges. I like my ride clean, it's not about fooling anyone I debadge even if I had only the S or Platinum.

My boy told me to leave the "SL" so others know which trim I'm driving. WTF do I care. :)

61 - 71 of 71 Posts