Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My early 2003 MO has almost 100,000 miles and developed a problem with starting.
If I turn the key without my foot on the gas, it starts only for a second or two, then dies. If I feather the gas when turning the key it starts up and stays running fine.
I took it to the dealer and they said the throttle body was sticking and replaced it ($750). That has cleared up the problem and it starts like a champ now.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
:29: Thumbs-up to the dealer for correctly diagnosing and fixing your problem!

:28: Thumbs-down to the Nissan parts guys for making the price on a relatively simple part so damn expensive.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Ouch! But like joe said, good thing the dealer fixed it correctly the first time!

·
Registered
438 Posts

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Is this the highest milage MO ?

If so did yo ever have other problems. It would be great to hear.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
This sounds like the problems that seem to have been fixed with an Idle Air Volume Re-learn.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The part no. they replaced is:
16119-8J103 Electric Throttle Control Actuator

At least this happed with 200 miles left on my extended warranty, so the $750 charge was to Nissan. :D

As for other problems with the car (all fixed):
Transfer case replaced at 84,000 mi
Steering rack was lose at 92,000 mi
Passenger side front door lock actuator replaced
Rear hatch handle pin rusted to the point it wouldn't work
Driver’s seat was a rocking chair
Buttons on center console fell inside
Battery just replaced (Feb 2003 - Jul 2006)

Overall, it’s a GREAT machine. Every car has issues and recalls; my MO has 100,084 miles on it, has every option offered in 2003 and still looks, runs and works like new. Almost all my miles are on the hwy, I put on about 700 miles per week in Chicago expressway traffic. If you don't look at the odometer, you might as well just be pulling off the dealer’s lot. I do plan on keeping it for another 100,000 miles (~3 yrs).

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 03 Murano had the same problem. The dealership told me it was some sort of carbon build up somewhere and just scraped it off ( sorry I'm not very technical) didn't cost a thing and solved the problem.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
WrenchGremlin said:
Overall, it’s a GREAT machine. Every car has issues and recalls; my MO has 100,084 miles on it, has every option offered in 2003 and still looks, runs and works like new. Almost all my miles are on the hwy, I put on about 700 miles per week in Chicago expressway traffic. If you don't look at the odometer, you might as well just be pulling off the dealer’s lot. I do plan on keeping it for another 100,000 miles (~3 yrs).
WrenchGremlin-

As a new MO owner with less than 10K it is good to hear from others who have reached the century mark. Best of luck on your quest for 200K!

-njjoe

·
Registered
4 Posts
willo said:
My 03 Murano had the same problem. The dealership told me it was some sort of carbon build up somewhere and just scraped it off ( sorry I'm not very technical) didn't cost a thing and solved the problem.
Did they clean out the throttle body? My 03 has this issue as well, but I'll clean out the throttle body before paying that much. Ouch!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts