Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to buy a new SL, hoping for red! I can't find the differences for the 2020 except for traffic sign recognition. I don't see the real usefulness of traffic sign recognition, maybe someone can explain. I keep reading that more safety features are standard on the 2020, but the SL always had all of the safety features didn't it? What is actually new, improved, or different in the 2020. I plan to keep it about 5-6 years, so I don't think it will matter which I get so I may as well try to pay less. If I can save 2k I will go for the 2019, unless the 2020 is better in some way I want.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I’m pretty sure the changes are minimal and may only be exterior colors. Also, there may be an item or two that’s standard on a 2020 that was optional on a 19, most likely safety related. Since the car was refreshed for 19 I wouldn’t expect much.
I don’t know what traffic sign recognition is so I suppose I could do without it. If you can find a good deal on a 19 that suits your needs I’d consider it. Saving money is always a plus. :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
My 2019 SL has traffic sign recognition, it was part of the technology package. It reads the speed limit signs as you pass them and displays an image of the speed limit sign on the driver's display. I like it, I'm not good at watching for those signs...

However, the standard navigation system also displays the speed limit signs too, but based on the navigation system's database. It displays them on the navigation system's screen.

It also has an option for a warning beep when you exceed the speed limit by a chosen amount. I find this useful.

From what I can see, the 2020 adds safety features to the SL trim level as standard that were once part of the 2019 SL technology package. These safety items now appear to be standard on the 2020 SL: automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection, blind spot warning; rear cross-traffic alert; lane departure warning; reverse automatic braking; and high-beam assist.

I consider these safety features as very useful, so I paid 2k for the tech package for my 2019 (which also included the panoramic moonroof.)

I like the lane departure warning. It vibrates the steering wheel if you cross over a lane marker without using the turn signal.

·
Registered
412 Posts
High beam assist is also very nice. You leave the headlight switch in the auto position with the high beams selected, and it will automatically dim the high beams at the appropriate times.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems that the 2019 with tech has pretty much everything the 2020 has, so I can go either way. I can get the 2020 without a moonroof though and I think that saves me a few bucks...or it might cost me the same, but I get one model year newer...I'd rather not get one that's been sitting in the lot getting sun and dings. I think I'll just go for the lowest price at this point. My problem is that I want red or blue, makes it harder to get.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I agree with you comments. I also like one that hasn't been sitting on the lot awhile getting dings, being used for test drives, and in my area and time of year having snow/ice removed carelessly. I was happy when I checked the date on mine, it was manufactured 1/19 and I purchased it 2/19. They had to prep it the day I purchased it. It now lives most of its life in my garage protected for the elements.

You can find the manufactured date inside the driver side front door frame. There's one sticker that's very visible for tire information, that's not the one. The one with the date and other info is not as visible, it's on the bottom right facing outward. The manufactured date is on the second line from the top.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've found the inventory search tool on Nissan's website to actually be pretty good for tracking down the color, trim, and options that I want. Of course, there can be a bit of a lag in reflecting up to the minute inventory at a particular dealer, but you can use it to at least generate a list of dealers that have (had) your preferences in stock and then check their websites or call. It also shows models that are "in transit."

If you are worried about aged inventory, you can also look at Car Gurus as its search tool has an option for that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts