Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2006 S Murano last weekend, and so far I really love this vehicle. Since I have the base model, still well equipped in my opinion, this may be the answer to my question. I noticed a huge difference in the sound quality between listening to a CD versus FM. In other cars I've owned I've never experienced quite this much of a difference. I am concerend a bit because I have an XM SkyFi 2 I am going to install this weekend and sure would hate to lose that sound quality. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Your best bet will probably be PAC audio which basically lets you bypass the FM and connect directly to the HU amplifier. Many mambers have installed it and there is lots of good info (and pictures) in the audio and accessory threads.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I've been searching for this PAC Audio, found the website but I am not sure how the two devices would connect. I did look at other parts of the forum and couldn't find anything. Sorry for my ignorance, I'm new here and never "patched" in directly to an amp. I think you are correct, this is my best bet. I'm sure I'd lose the sound quality if I used the FM function. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
You would most likely connect with a RC cable (PAC) to mini-jack (Skifi).

I have a PAC unit that I am selling if you are interested in purchasing before I put it on ebay?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
biggun said:
You would most likely connect with a RC cable (PAC) to mini-jack (Skifi).

I have a PAC unit that I am selling if you are interested in purchasing before I put it on ebay?
I would be interested. Was it a pain to install?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts