Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told by dealer parts department a chrome SL wheel is about $300; I have also been told replacement cost on the stock SE wheel is about $700. This makes me wonder if there is some quality differece that argues against replacing my stock, painted SE wheels, on my midnight blue SE, with the chromed SL wheels. I think the chromed wheels would look nice, but is the SE wheel a better wheel, lighter, different stronger alloy, etc.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I don't think there is a physical (strength/alloy/etc.) difference, but as an aside, the dealer is the worst place to buy them. Plenty of all kinds on ebay for a lot less.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hmmm. I took a peek just to make sure, but the wheels on my SE definitely look cast (i.e. not forged) which might have accounted for some price difference. (Not that the SE has any reason to be rolling on forged wheels any more than the SL.)

I don't have the MO brochure any more but I would have noticed it if they had hyped forged wheels in their marketing BS.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Nope - it's $400 more for the extra spoke :)

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
GMTURBO43 said:
Nope - it's $400 more for the extra spoke :)
Hey, I've got 5 extra spokes... anyone wanna buy one? :D

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Rather ride on forged than cast anyday.

·
Registered
36 Posts
the stock SL wheels are about the same price as the stock SE wheels. i think the price is jacked up for insurance purposes. the chrome is an accessory wheel (and you'd need to buy 4) so they charge less

·
4,601 Posts
Did the SE wheel have the TPMS sensor?

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
WDITOT ? Grip :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts