Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed out there shocks for a smoothier ride. I am not interested in lower it just a smoothier ride. Not sure if changing the shocks would do it or do I have to change springs too? Has anyone done this? Thanks

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Thomasfx10-

Your (our) choices are very limited. There are OEM struts/shocks and I think only one outfit that makes stiffer "performance" units. I do not think there is anything out there that will give you a smoother ride. Have you considered changing tires?

-njjoe

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just put new tires on the car. The ride is the same ... It really is rough when I hit a pot hole or large bump. Oh well .. I guess I will have to live with it.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Another culprit for the Murano's firm ride is that the frame isn't particularly stiff - you can literally feel a bit of flex when hitting the large bumps - its not awful but I get the feeling the MO could use a strut tower brace. Unfortunately the strut towers are so rearward under the hood that fitment of one is not possible.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Lowering it to 30psi shouldn't affect handling too much. On a hot day, the temp will push the pressure up to 33psi anyways. I wouldn't go any lower though.

Despite the stiff ride, I run my tires 38F, 36R. I prefer the sharper steering and can live with the firm ride.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
maximizer said:
Don't you get rattles at 36 psi ?
You get used to the rattles. Right now I only have one rattle in the back cargo area somewhere, but I think it might just be my golf clubs, and not MO related.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts