Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
If they are going to see it, my advice is have it fixed before trading, even if it's just cosmetically hidden.

If you show them the vehicle like this, they will take quite a big byte in your exchange budget because they will calculate the max for new stuff to replace everything that is damaged.

Believe me, have it fixed!

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Get an estimate on how much...

to fix it. It may look minor, but murano's smooth curve may end up costing the lady's insurance quite a bit to fix.

Saying that, i am just wondering on the purpose of your question.

Are you asking how much the dealer will take off if you trade your murano withou fixing it? I thought it is the lady's fault and her insurance is paying right?

Or you are asking on how much the dealer will take off knowing that the vehicle has involved in an accident, eventhough you fixed it before the appraisal day?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
If the vehicle has been repaired by a good shop, the dealer will not even know its been in an accident until they run a history check on your car.

If some lady ran you off the road, her insurance should pay for your repairs.

·
Registered
438 Posts
A good body shop should be able to color match that paint so you can't tell it's been in an accident. You have every right to take it to such a body shop.

The dealer will deduct from the already lowball trade value they will give you for the car, the retail cost of making the repair. In other words, for a significant amount of damage they will get an estimate on bringing the car back to 'excellent' condition and deduct that from the trade value.

Of course, they're already making money on that trade value, since they will sell the car for significantly more. And, they will get the car repaired for wholesale prices so they'll make some more money on you there as well.

Get it fixed before you take it to the dealer for a trade. Better yet, get it fixed and sell it yourself. You have tremendously more bargaining power at a dealer when you bring money instead of a trade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts