Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been just 3 weeks with my '04 polished pewter 2WD touring.

After I returned from work today, I noticed this ding just below the driver side door handle. Some $%$^@ must have banged his car door on mine. It's extremely annoying. I got another one last week on the other side. Now the lines are distrubed... and so am i.

I usually park my car in a lonely spot... still it gets banged ::cursin:

guess it's high time to get the body side mouldings... is MO that fragile?!

any suggestions to have this fixed.. easily.. (yeah.. i wish)

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Unfortunately I have to say the MO is rather vulnerable. I have had people open their doors and press against my MO's door. The result is that it leaves a bit of cloudy residue of the other car's color that is not removable. It is definitely not pretty.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I had the body side moldings on to try and alleviate dings. Of course I also park way out in the north 40 as well.

I like the way the moldings look, although the purists will decry that it interferes with the smooth lines of the car. I rather not get dings, personally.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Max_Floyd:

Man, that really sucks! You have my sympathies. One solution you may wish to try is the ding-king dent puller. You may have seen it advertised on TV. I got one to remove the dings my my wife's former car (VW Cabrio) before we sold it. While it didn't get any where near the results that the ads would have you believe, it did do a lot to lessen the appearance and depth of dings. And for $20, what the hell. If you do a google search, you should find it - just don't confuse the device with the car collision repair company of the same name (although they claim to fix dings at prices significantly cheaper than "traditional" collision shops - whatever that means).

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a simialr ding on my MO and had a professional dent removal outfit fix it. After setting up an appointment, they came to my office and pulled out the ding for $125. It took about 20 minutes and the results were absolute perfection!

www.dingsplus.com

Good luck!

kirk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts