Nissan Murano Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Unfortunately they only get that close if I let it sit a half hour or so. I usually don't have time to do that though.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Must have been.....

Same problem with my 2007 SE----must have been some 'dipstick' that designed this dipstick......

·
Registered
1 Posts
As you know the dipstick has 2 sides: one side with the L-H designation, and the other "blank" side.

After running it, letting sit for 10 mins, the "blank" side indicates it's full (i.e., if there were indicators on the blank side, the oil would read H). However, on the indicator side, it barely reaches L.

What is going on? How can one side of the dipstick be in oil, and the other side indicate adding oil? Is it because it is angled somehow in the crankcase?

Any insights on this? I don't want to run on low oil.
A coating or anything else affecting the surface condition of the material can cause this. Think of a windshield cleaned with Rainex compared to Wndex.

·
Super Moderator
8,469 Posts
Unfortunately they only get that close if I let it sit a half hour or so. I usually don't have time to do that though.
The answer is to check the oil before you start the car in the morning, when it has been sitting overnight. Leave a note on your steering wheel so you don't forget and start the car first.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts