Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI everyone. I just purchased my murano a couple weeks ago. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to stop the door from unlocking when I turn the engine off. Very unsafe for all doors to automatically unlock when I'm the only person getting out. :|
Thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts
I think you might be the only person I've seen request this. I'm not sure it can be done. I know many like myself wanted the doors to be unlocked went the vehicle went into park, much less when the car is turned off.

If what you want done is possible you'll probably have to have the dealer program it. If it can be. What you want may not be an option.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Reactions: mushroomNgrass

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's been a resurgence of car jackings here. I want my doors locked until I am ready to exit my car, especially when it gets dark. I will inquire at the dealership when I take it in for the simonize Friday. Thank you for your response.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mushroom, from the drivers seat with the engine running, use the button on the left side of the steering wheel to cycle through the dash display until "settings" is displayed between the tach and speedometer. press the "OK" button to select settings, then use the OK button to scroll down to "Vehicle" and select "locks". Cycle through the choices and you should find what you are looking for

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. Found it.?

Reactions: KBrian

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think you might be the only person I've seen request this. I'm not sure it can be done. I know many like myself wanted the doors to be unlocked went the vehicle went into park, much less when the car is turned off.

If what you want done is possible you'll probably have to have the dealer program it. If it can be. What you want may not be an option.
Have you found a way to unlock when shifting to "Park"? We just purchased a 2015 Platinum and can't believe that this feature isn't on it . . . or at least not that I can see. Even our 2009 Pontiac G5, 2010 Acura RDX and 2010 Chev Equinox would let us do it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Have you found a way to unlock when shifting to "Park"? We just purchased a 2015 Platinum and can't believe that this feature isn't on it . . . or at least not that I can see. Even our 2009 Pontiac G5, 2010 Acura RDX and 2010 Chev Equinox would let us do it.
Have you looked at the link provided in this thread to another thread? One of those suggestions may help you. I‘m not sure if it unlocks at Park like you want or when the ignition is turned off but it looks like it does it at one of them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts