Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
No mention of disabling RDS in the owner's manual... none that I could find. Hmm.

·
Registered
10 Posts
yes you can...

It isn't obvious, but if you go though the same menus that you go thought to change balance/fader/bass/treble, you will find it. It isn't labeled anything as obvious as "disable RDS", it is more like a display option, where you can select to display the frequency instead.

I wish I could be more specific, but I ain't in my car at the moment. If you still have trouble finding it, I'll look again and take notes.

This is also where a nifty feature to have the car automatically adjust the volume depending on ambient noise. I didn't know what it was at first, and saw that it was set to "low" by default. I set it to high, and was blown out of my seat when I gunned it in a merge lane.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hehe. Actually, that's speed sensitive volume.

So the faster you go, the higher the volume will go. Slower, lower. Sensitivity is .. Off, Low, Medium and High.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oops. Nevermind about the RDS...

I was partially right. If you go through the menus as I described, it allows you to change the display settings, but not for RDS. It allows you to change the display settings for CDs.

So, no, there is no way to turn off RDS (at least as far as I know.)

·
Registered
834 Posts
How about if your main display is heater/fan/AC settings vs. radio?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts