Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that "spped sensitive wipers" translates to no spped, no wipe. Very annoying. Anyone disable that feature?

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I have noticed that "spped sensitive wipers" translates to no spped, no wipe. Very annoying. Anyone disable that feature?
I have them on my 2012. They don't work very well at all, and I have never liked them. They have eliminated them in the current generation. I just bought a 2018 Platinum and no speed sensitive wipers, even as an option.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I find them kind of annoying too, so I just turn the feature off and control the wipers myself. Rotate the end of the stick to the off position. Then whenever its raining just move the stick down to whatever mode you need like regular wipers.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My bad. RTFM! They are not speed sensitive. They are rain/speed sensitive/ The control is a rain sensitivity control, and is exactly opposite to the control on the first gen wipers. High sensitivity is the long position(clockwise) I will see if that works better. Looks like it may...

·
Registered
147 Posts
My bad. RTFM! They are not speed sensitive. They are rain/speed sensitive/ The control is a rain sensitivity control, and is exactly opposite to the control on the first gen wipers. High sensitivity is the long position(clockwise) I will see if that works better. Looks like it may...
Yes, its not speed sensitive but rather rain sensitive. I find the most delayed setting works best on the dial. But the best is still the manual controls IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
MO-Rosh72
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing