Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, new to the board.

I have just ordered some 22" chrome wheels with 265/40/22 tires.
I have the TPMS on my Murano SE.

When I switch to the other wheels the TPMS will have to be disabled. How do you do this? If you don't will it repeatedly alarm?

Is it possible to get extra TPMS valve stems to install in my 22" chrome wheels (I wouldn't want to switch them back and forth). I plan to use my 22" chromes during the summer months, and the 18" oem wheels in the winter.

Thanks for any help you can provide

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I think the TPMS will only sound an alarm if it gets a low signal reading from the sensors. If it gets no signal from the sensors, I don't think it will sound an alarm. Anyone else have experience with this that can tell us how it really works?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I think it will light the dash "horseshoe" indicator with no reading. I just don't remember from last winter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so its not too annoying then?
How about getting a second set of TPMS valve stems and installing them in my new wheels? Anyone know where to get them and how much $$ they cost?
Thansk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, the dash light flashes in sequences of three, but there's no other alert if there's no signal from the tires.

TPMS is getting no signal from any tire (display shows asterisks for all tires) for me...it's been that way since the day I picked it up. It's been ~2 weeks now, still "waiting on parts." :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
My 2003 SE-AWD was missing it's presure senders when I picked it up too.. I bought it in Riverside, I live in San Diego.. At about 25 miles (maybe more? been a while!) it alarmed with dinging and the little tire-low red light on the dash lit up. It stayed quiet with the red light on until the car was turned off and then back on. Then it's quiet unless it drives another 25 or so miles without hearing from any tires.

If your average trip is less than 25 miles, you'll never notice it. If it's more than 25 miles, you'll only notice it once per trip.. :)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
skunkiechris. the TPMS works like those little light up valve stem caps. you need to be moving for them to turn on. that's how they get there energy. try checking you tpms when your in motion??

·
Registered
25 Posts
nissanlove said:
skunkiechris. the TPMS works like those little light up valve stem caps. you need to be moving for them to turn on. that's how they get there energy. try checking you tpms when your in motion??
Nope, system doesn't work at all (~1000 miles now.) The dealer has attempted to fix it, so far to no avail. Going back Wednesday/Thursday to replace the "TPMC system controller." They told me they might need two days as they have to rip the dash all apart to do it. Does anyone know where the "controller" resides? I'm not real thrilled with the idea of them pulling apart my dash -- it's just difficult to be confident they'll put it all back together correctly and it will be as squeak and rattle free as it is now. :( But I guess I just have to hope for the best!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts