Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the OEM Sirius tuner, prewire harness, and antenna from Grubbs on 12/21. I did this after talking to John to be sure that I could get 2nd day shipping. I was wanting to install the tuner while visiting my stepson in FL.

As of Christmas Eve, still no notice that it had shipped or tracking number. Calls to Grubbs got me John's voice mail. Sort of expected this since it was Christmas Eve. So I thought I'd wait til Monday to recheck.

So today's Monday. Still no shipping notice. Called Grubbs. The first person said it should have shipped last week. He'd check and get right back with me. Two hours later I called back. The gentleman I spone to said it should have already shipped and that Grubbs was in transition from UPS to DHL. He said he'd call me by noon.
At 2:30, still no word. So I called back. The gentleman I spoke to apologized for the confusion, stating again that the tuner should have shipped last week. I reminded him that I paid $32 extra in order to get the tuner in Florida Christmas Eve or today.

I told him it was looking like I'd have to change the shipping address or cancel the order since we're leaving to go back home later this week. He asked me if getting the tuner here Wednesday would work. I told him that Wednesday would be the latest acceptable and he assured me the package would be here (FL) Wednesday.

Well, I just got the shipping notice from DHL. Expected delivery is Thursday. So. of course, it's too late to cancel the order or change the shipping address. So I get to go back home Siriusless, pay some more to have it re-shipped, and wait until sometime next week to install the tuner myself.

Disappointing....

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
My opinion of shippers is: UPS , FedEx and no body else, DHL is terrible. Every time I used them it was: Damn, Hell and Lousy

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I would just "repackage" your post about Grubbs and send it to Bill McKenzie.
He is the senior manager that reports to Eric Grubbs, President of Grubbs Nissan.

His email is

[email protected]

This sounds like a classic case of a bunch of monkeys trying to make love to a football. And DHL gets the knock? Hmmmnnnnn.

Homer

·
5,100 Posts
Homer you have no Idea the Hell that DHL has caused me in my lifetime. I would NEVER pass on an opportunity to take those [email protected]#$%^&*( down a peg. I mean I hate them!!!!!!!!!!:3: :3: :3: :3: and my hate list is so small as to not exist.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know where anybody got the idea I was knocking DHL.

Not my choice to go with DHL. That was Grubbs' choice.

On top of that, I don't think it was the carrier that waited the extra days to ship the order. The Grubbs site says that shipments go out in 24-48 hours. That's one to two business days. This took four business days to ship. Grubbs gave no explanation other than "It should have gone out before now."

My disappointment lies in trying to ensure that the package would be delivered Christmas Eve or today by ordering when I did and paying $32 extra for 2nd day air.

It doesn't even get shipped until the day that I needed it.
On top of that, it gets shipped GROUND.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Danno, nobody got the idea that you were knocking DHL.
But Grip sure was. Or hadn't you noticed?

If you don't appreciate my help, just tell me to stuff it and I will try not to get involved next time. I just thought you might be interested in who to really complain to to get the most leverage.
You are obviously not interested in my proffered help and that is fine.

Homer

·
5,100 Posts
Hey Homer I always like your help. I guess I didn't hide my hurt re. DHL much did I?

·
4,664 Posts
hfelknor said:
I would just "repackage" your post about Grubbs and send it to Bill McKenzie.
He is the senior manager that reports to Eric Grubbs, President of Grubbs Nissan.

His email is

[email protected]

This sounds like a classic case of a bunch of monkeys trying to make love to a football. And DHL gets the knock? Hmmmnnnnn.

Homer
Sounds like a good idea to me. Every courier has it's issues and I've developed favourites and a stupid move list, as I try not to ding a company for one person's actions. Repeated stupid actions, I do have a real problem with.

In my experience, UPS is excellent and I think Grubbs is foolish to move from them, if my experience is valid.

I'm with Homer on this one, give them constructive feedback so they can make the right decision.

Don, I think DHL sucks too. But I also know how one driver can make a difference in your own neighbourhood. The UPS guy who comes is awesome.

·
5,268 Posts
Don, Homer, jaak - you all are right. Sometimes it pays to wait a day or so before "getting it out".

Anyway, so far I had good experience with UPS and FedEx. And not so good with DHL.........

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'd make sure Grubbs gave you the $32 back, AND the money you paid to reship it to your other address. Period.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Homer, thanks for the contact info for Mr McKenzie. I sent him an email last night, complete with copies of emails passed back and forth so far.

I also sent him a followup this morning to let him know that Grubbs also shipped to the wrong address: neither the billing nor the shipping address, but a combination of the two. They used the name and street address of the shipping address and the city and state of the billing address.

I called Grubbs as well this morning and reminded them that I had paid for 2nd day air and that, according to what I have seen so far, it was shipped ground. To a location 600 miles from the shipping address.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I hope that someone thought of getting insurance on this package.... because its gonna need it... lots of it. :4:

·
5,100 Posts
You noticed UPS was #1 on my list of great service. followed by FedX

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Happiness at last.

DHL called yesterday morning and said that the address they were trying to reach did not exist in that city. They had the name and street right, but the billing city and state. We told them the correct address and they said they'd get it to the right place. This was about 9:00 am.

I called Grubbs and got hold of John. I told him about the mis-ship. He said he'd get hold of DHL and get them to send it to the correct location. He put me on hold and came back and said it would be here (FL) by three this afternoon.

Last night I noticed that the DHL tracking said that the package was being sent back to the shipper and for me to call a toll-free number. Couldn't get through to the toll-free number so I called the number that DHL called me from in the morning.

Just so happens I was talking to the person who posted the tracking entry. She said that was done so they could forward it to FL without having to re-bill. She also said the package would be here by noon today.

It showed up about 11:00 am this morning. We started the install (with hidden antenna) just at noon and had the new tuner activated by 4:00 this afternoon.

Didn't have to dig out anything in the brake light housing. It was completely hollow. We just tucked the antenna into the hollow, secured it with some non-conducting speed tape and put some metallic speed tape on the access panel to act as a ground plane.

Now I get to drop by the dealer after I get back home and show the SM and the parts guy that the satellite install is very possible, regardless NNA's instructions to the contrary.

Thanks again to Homer for the contact info and to jaak and the sweaty guys for pioneering the install.

·
5,268 Posts
Congratulations! Enjoy the radio!;)

·
5,100 Posts
I Love this ""Last night I noticed that the DHL tracking said that the package was being sent back to the shipper and for me to call a toll-free number. Couldn't get through to the toll-free number so I called the number that DHL called me from in the morning.""

I magine how you would be feeling if you were awaiting some hard to get medine for your injured daughter!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Followup from Grubbs

Got a call about an hour ago from Mark, the parts manager at Grubbs. Seems the emails I sent to Mr McKenzie (thanks again, Homer, for the contact) were sent to the owner and then to Mark.

He had a meeting this morning with the entire department to review their processes and to tell everyone that it is a good idea to tell someone that they'll call back, but they need to actually CALL BACK.

He also sent the transaction to refund the extra I paid for shipping.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Glad everything worked out.

I bought my first Datsun from Grubbs in 1982 I believe.
That was George Grubbs jr.
Good man.
I believe the current Grubbs, Eric, is George Jrs son.
Sounds like he is a chip off the old block.

Homer

·
5,268 Posts
Mistakes do happen. What make the difference is how one deals with them. In this case it seems that the Grubbs raised to the occasion. Let’s give them thumbs up!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts