Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bummer - I had my mo in the garage with the liftback open - I opened the garage door and put a 6 inch scratch on the back lift gate next to the Nissan Logo! I am depressed.....

Any suggestions since the entire liftback is plastic? Any ball park figures on how to get that fixed or how to choose a body shop? Thanks.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Since it's composite, I'm not sure how they would fix that. Worst case scenario would obviously be to replace the hatch, but I'm sure that would cost at least over $1g for that. I wonder if Bondo filler would work on composite?

I wouldn't take that anywhere else but Nissan because composite is something new that not many people are familiar with...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some pics - If I can figure out how to attach them

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ouch!! That's really rough, sad to see that :(

Hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Don't panic.

It doesn't matter what the gate is made of, it has the same paint as the rest of the car.

Check out the Detailing forum and look under the touchup pen discussion. No the touchup pen won't do it. But Langka will.

Or just take it to a paint shop.

If you care to, you can notify your ins co and take it to a paint shop and they will do the whole gate.

It's something that will P you off.
And embarass you perhaps.
But it's way short of a disaster.

Everything will work out just fine.

Homer

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Homer:

I really like your approach to this matter. A level head and unfortunately a lil money and this will all be cleared up! Sorry to hear about the gate, but it I guess it could always be worse!
Sometimes these things happen :(
When I had my last car, I watched one of those lil highschool car jockies crash my mustang right into the wall of the service department! :eek:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Homer - thanks for calming me down. Based on your experience with Langka - do you think it will work on this scratch? Does anyone know if that Nissan Logo is removable?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
It was worse for me. I left the hatch open and started to back out of my garage! I realized it, and hit the brakes but it was too late! Crack! Ended up hitting the rear wiper assembly, and cracked the plastic cover where the wiper blade rotates. I superglued it back on and so far, it hasn't fallen off yet.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Langka works just fine on scratches.

The biggest problem will be the paint match.
Your car sure looks like it is very heavy on the metallic.
Matching the Metallic content is not easy.
But that is a function of the Nissan touch up paint, not Langka.

Looks like that logo needs to come off.
I don't know how that is done.

If you have a second car, say something that is approaching old age, you could practice on that. Only the little vial of paint would be diferent.

Obviously the very best answer is to sand and paint the whole gate.

Homer

·
Registered
65 Posts
Does anyone know if that Nissan Logo is removable? [/QUOTE]

The Nissan badge can be removed the same way as the other badges on the rear panel. I have debadged them all.

Larry

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
JEME said:
Homer - thanks for calming me down. Based on your experience with Langka - do you think it will work on this scratch? Does anyone know if that Nissan Logo is removable?
ouch indeed

its fixable though.....

keep this in mind the finish (im told not to call it paint, by the detailing gurus...) will look worse (imo) if repaired poorly, than if you hadn't messed with it at all

try carsmetics® or any decent dent/scratch removal place for an estimate..... these place know how to make minor repairs as such, with a budget in mind as well......

id at least get an estimate, and see.....

paint medic

dent doctor

autodent

good luck, and, try your local yellow pages under auto - repairs to find the paintless dent removal/sratch - fixers in your area... i think you'll be pleasantly surprised with their turn-a-round time and prices.... (same day)

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Yes, the emblem is removable. It's held on with double sided sticky tape - really good stuff though, not the Wal Mart variety. Use fishing line and saw it off.

Now with that said, I haven't removed them on the MO. But I have removed them on the Z. The emblems look very similar. On the Z, there was a peg and hole as well, don't know about the MO. You can also try a hair-dryer/heat gun to soften the sticky.

Here is pic from Z:

Attachments

·
Registered
834 Posts
Is that a smiley face? :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Enforcer - why did you remove them? Also - do you order a new one to replace the old?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Enforcer - and they just go back on with the tape? I wonder if mine has holes under the logo?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts