Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New thread !! :2:

I have a question... When I use my display screen to view the milage / dte , etc... it only stays up for about 5 seconds then disappears. Is there a way I can get it to stay up for as long as I want / until I hit the button again ? I like it up and want to keep it up while driving.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
545 Posts
Did a "search" and this is what I found from a post back in 2004.
This was posted by Eric L, forum moderator:

The multifunction display does not keep trip or mpg readings for more than a few seconds, I am guessing with the theory that it would be distracting for the driver when you should be focusing on looking at the road, not the display. Hence it flashes up there for 5 seconds, which is really all the time you need to see the info. If the car is stopped, then the info stays on the screen and does not turn off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
545 Posts
Did a "search" and this is what I found from a post back in 2004.
This was posted by Eric L, forum moderator:

The multifunction display does not keep trip or mpg readings for more than a few seconds, I am guessing with the theory that it would be distracting for the driver when you should be focusing on looking at the road, not the display. Hence it flashes up there for 5 seconds, which is really all the time you need to see the info. If the car is stopped, then the info stays on the screen and does not turn off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
elliotgb said:
Did a "search" and this is what I found from a post back in 2004.
This was posted by Eric L, forum moderator:

The multifunction display does not keep trip or mpg readings for more than a few seconds, I am guessing with the theory that it would be distracting for the driver when you should be focusing on looking at the road, not the display. Hence it flashes up there for 5 seconds, which is really all the time you need to see the info. If the car is stopped, then the info stays on the screen and does not turn off.

Thanks. So the 2005 model works the same way as the 2004 model your saying elliotgb? No new changes in a way to keep it up, huh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
TheGymKid said:
[B} I like it up and want to keep it up [/B]
My sentiments exactly!!! :2:

Sorry, no help at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Actually there is a way to keep the mpg info up at all times. If your radio is OFF, it will remain on the screen. I found that out on my last long trip. It IS distracting tho, as I keep looking over and seeing if I can get the MPG to go higher.. :2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
samwlee said:
Actually there is a way to keep the mpg info up at all times. If your radio is OFF, it will remain on the screen. I found that out on my last long trip. It IS distracting tho, as I keep looking over and seeing if I can get the MPG to go higher.. :2:
YES... I knew someone out there would find a way to keep it up on on the screen !!!!! Thanks... I'll try it out later on. :claphead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,092 Posts
Hey fellas, I know of a way to keep the radio AND the trip computer on the non-nav display for ever. Do you want me to tell you or would you like to try to figure it out? (At least it works on my 03).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,280 Posts
Gonzo said:
Hey fellas, I know of a way to keep the radio AND the trip computer on the non-nav display for ever. Do you want me to tell you or would you like to try to figure it out? (At least it works on my 03).
It will stay on as long as your car does not move.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,402 Posts
zebelkhan said:

It will stay on as long as your car does not move.

As I wrote in my post from last year! So much for the search function.....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,280 Posts
Eric L. said:
As I wrote in my post from last year! So much for the search function.....
It gives us an excuse to increase our post count! :2:
But seriously, addition of un-necessary threads makes searching for topics very hard and confusing, not to mention the job of moderators who have to constantly "merge" the threads which cover the same issues.....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,402 Posts
Cryogenix said:
I have no NAV, and mine stays up until I tell it to go down.

Course, my MO's younger, so maybe it's an age issue... :p

Seriously, mine displays the info until I push the button again. Must be an '03 thing.
It only does this if the stereo is not on.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,402 Posts
zebelkhan said:

It gives us an excuse to increase our post count! :2:
But seriously, addition of un-necessary threads makes searching for topics very hard and confusing, not to mention the job of moderators who have to constantly "merge" the threads which cover the same issues.....
I agree.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,402 Posts
Cryogenix said:


No wonder I never noticed it doing that until my CD player crapped out... :eek:

Actually, I ended up reading that a few posts above my original one, and tried to delete my post, but it wouldn't go away!
There's a little checkbox you need to click when deleting a post I think.
 

·
Love to live w/ MO
Joined
·
419 Posts
Eric L. said:


There's a little checkbox you need to click when deleting a post I think.
yep, just check the box and click on Delete.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top