Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the thread discussing the Japanese options for the MO it looked as if the foglights had halos (angel eyes ala BMW). I really like the look on the BMWs and I'm thinking about as a spring project, but i'm not sure how it would look on a MO. I don't want a fast and furious car.

Here's what i'm talking about:

http://aboutaccords.netfirms.com/tech/diyae.htm

What do you think?

·
Registered
443 Posts
It would look exactly like what it was: a car modified to be something it is not. The lights will serve no function, so...

Akin to most wannabe mods (putting an M3 decal on a base 3 series, STi wing on a WRX, fake front mount IC on a NA car or angel eyes on anything other than a BMW), the people who know where these items belong know you're fronting, the rest won't even notice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I disagree with lumping 'badge swapping' and mimicing styling together. Should no other car have a navigation system because they weren't the first?

Different looking headlights are not the same as putting 'Type R' on everything.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Navigation systems actually serve a function, as do real front-mounts, park bench spoilers are debatable I guess. The angel eyes that BMW introduced were a styling cue to set them apart from other luxury brands (yeah, sure the marketing hype might come up with some pseudo functionality for anything I suppose).

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
IMHO "Styling" is just as important a "Function" and anything else. That's a big reason as to selecting the MO in the first place. A lot of vehicles serve the function of moving you from place to place. Remember "It's your money and your perceptions that are number one. The angel eyes blue LED can be on all the time and serve the function of providing added protection associated with increased visibility. Take the input, and remember the value of advice it's that but not a directive! :cool:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I think you should be able to do whatever you want to.
Of course, I don't care for the Rice look, but so what?
It's your car.

I keep driving and posting even though people here have told me I bought the cheap looking interior in my Murano.

Just let your conscience (and your wallet!) be your guide!

Post PIX once you have done it.

Homer

·
5,100 Posts
By the way what is the "Rice" look I read about? I guess I am out of it. (so what else is new?)

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Three things:
1. I remember someone from the thread stating that these lights on the foglights were in fact led lights mounted in the bumper near the upper part of the light.

B. I think they look pretty sweet. If someone wants to pull up next to me and make fun of me for anything on my car....then go ahead. I spent all this money on my car because I liked the looks and styling of it. If I choose to paint the calipers/ debadge it/ tint the windows/change the HID lights/add an xbox then I should be able to. I bought the right to do so.

With that said. Style should be considered whenever you are modding a car, and I prefer something that looks very sleek and minimalistic. Angel Eyes fit that criterial :29:

3. Homer...you crack me up. I, a member of the dark side, happen to like the look of your latte interior. You've already left us once, but you can't stay away. This place is a great collaboration of knowledge and kinship. Plus you add that special something something too.:2:

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts

·
5,100 Posts
WOW ! Now I know.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Here is the site dedicated to the Rice boy and his wheels.

http://www.riceboypage.com/

I'll see if I can include one of the pix to kinda give you an idea of what is memorialized there.

As you can see, certainly one of the attributes of rice is usually "TOO Much!"

Homer

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Clean, functional, and subtle is always nice

·
5,100 Posts
Can you imagine accidentally having you "Brights" on and heading toward this guy? He would fuse your corneas.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Neat idea about the angeleyes, however I think they look esp good on a BMW because of the rectangular styling of the headlight cluster, a boring form broken by two circular light clusters. The Murano's wedge shaped headlight assembly doesn't lend itself to be "flattered" as much by a round angeleye setup.

As for styling, to each their own. As long as ur not rolling on 22" chromes with stock brakes and suspension, then I will call it styling.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts