Nissan Murano Forum banner

61 - 80 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Okay folks....prime example why it's not good to post pictures from storage sites like photobucket. THEY EXPIRE EVENTUALLY! Check out the first post and all the pictures are GONE! Is there any way to resurrect them?
^^^^ Took the words right out of my mouth....

OP, can you reload the pics, I plan on doing this very soon....
Much appreciated....

·
Registered
23 Posts
I need to do this asap as well. Starting to smell like burnt oil and im hearing a "whining" noise when the fluid gets low. If i fill it then turn the steeri g wheel a couple times, everything i just filled is gone. Puddle of PS fluid in my parkin spot too. 2003 AWD 120k

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just replaced my high pressure power steering hose on my 2007 MO, (front wheel drive, 76K miles). I originally got a quote from my local dealership for $515 ($200 part fee, $155 labor, plus shop fees and tax). Other garage quotes were similar. I like you was therefor going to take this repair on myself. I found the part on ebay for $110 being sold by a Nissan Dealership in AZ (
http://myworld.ebay.com/peoriaparts/?_trksid=p4340.l2559 ). This hose DOES NOT INCLUDE the sensor, which I didn't need anyway and adds approx. $100 to the part cost.

I called my local dealer back and asked them if they could likewsie order the hose without the sensor and much to my surprise they said "NO". They said they could only get the $200 hose with the sensor. I then called a local independent certified NISSAN service center in my area. They too said the part was $200; however, I told them about the NISSAN dealership in AZ being able to sell the part for $110 w/o the sensor. They checked into this, called me back, and said that they could likewise get the part for $110 (genuine NISSAN Part). Their labor was $145, so I ended-up having them get the part and do the work. Total repair bill was $255 plus tax!. I saved almost $300 in repair cost by forcing the local shops to quote the hose without the sensor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went ahead and purchased the line from the parts shop at the Nissan dealership. Cost about 180$ for the hose, the gasket, and the fluid. Took me about 3 hours with not the best tools and working environment. Glad it's fixed and glad my family is safer

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am going to do the PS repair this weekend. Ordered the part from rockauto.com. Part comes as exactly the same as Oreilly's and costs ~45 + shipping. Any advice on removing the wheel well cover without destroying the plastic pins?

------------

2006 Murano, 67k miles, AWD

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Changing out my high pressure hose right now... I'll add my pics to this thread later for all the 2WD owners.
Anyway... I cannot for the life of me, get that damn sensor off of the old hose. It won't budge. I used Seafoam Deep Creep, and let it sit for awhile, and still nothing. Channel locks, plus large crescent wrench (least favorite tool, but considering I dont have a deep socket 24mm...I have to use It.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did this today, it took three hours. Sorry, no pictures. The pictures on this site, and the YouTube video are sufficient imho.

Raise the front of the vehicle and support on jack stands under the front subrame.
Remove the rack side tube nut, drain fluid into container
Remove small hex screw holding hose bracket onto front subframe
Remove sensor electrical harness
Remove large banjo bolt, drain remaining fluid into container
Raise hood
Remove windshield windshield wipers
Remove plastic cowl cover, disconnecting wiper fluid hoses as needed
Remove metal cowl tray
Remove 12mm bolt holding power steering hose to intake manifold
Pull hose straight up and out, or pull out through the bottom right
Remove old intake manifold bracket and piece of heat shield
Remove old bracket at rack end
Remove old sensor, using two adjustable wrenches against each other
Remove old o-ring on sensor

Install new o-ring on sensor
Install old sensor on new hose
Install old intake manifold bracket on hose
Install old heat shield on hose, using two new tie wraps
Install rack end bracket on hose
Feed hose into vehicle from lower right as far as possible
Pull hose up from above, and loosely secure 12mm bolt to intake manifold
Loosely secure rack end tube nut
Loosely secure support bracket at rack end
Loosely secure large banjo bolt, using two new copper washers
After ensuring nothing is binding and everything fits, tighten center tube nut securely
Tighten rack end tube nut securely. I found it helpful to remove one screw from the aluminum heat shield in this location
Tighten support bracket screw securely
Tighten intake manifold screw securely
Tighten large banjo bold securely
Install wire harness connector onto sensor
Install metal cowl tray
Install plastic cowl cover, reconnecting wiper fluid hoses
Fill steering fluid reservoir
Start engine, and turn steering wheel lock to lock 10 times
Refill steering fluid reservoir, and turn steering wheel lock to lock 10 times
Verify no leaks under the vehicle
Turn engine off
Install windshield wipers
Drain old fluid into suitable container for disposal
Raise front of vehicle, remove jack stands, lower vehicle
Clean up self and tools.

·
Registered
4 Posts
High Pressure PS Line Which Part Number? Help

Thanks to everyone who has posted how to replace the high pressure power steering line. My wife's 2006 AWD Murano PS Line is leaking - we just moved from TX to CA and I don't know a mechanic whom I trust yet. But having worked on cars "back in the days" I've learned how to fix many things on my wife's car thanks in part to this website.

I am not sure on the part numbers I need with regards to the actual hose because I'm not sure if I need one with a sensor versus one without. When I go under to look, it looks as though I have a sensor in the existing line.

Does this mean I need PN# 49720-CB60C (I believe has the sensor) or can I use PN 49720-CC10C (the newer one without the sensor) or 49720-CC10A ( the older one I believe also without a sensor) - If I get one without a sensor, what do I do about the sensor in the old line (assuming I remove it and it will be dangling there ... thinking it needs to go somewhere).

Which one do I need? Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Just get the one without the sensor. Reuse the old one. Look at page 2 of this thread for pix. Part number for awd is different from fwd. The non sensor is cheaper by atleast 100. Read the instructions a few times before doing the job. To make sure you have the tools and parts needed. What year is your MO?

·
Registered
4 Posts
High Pressure PS Line Which Part Number? Help

nitely - Thanks for the help....My wife's Murano is a 2006 AWD.
If I get the one without the sensor, I understand from your feed back I can re-use the old one (makes sense). However in reading about needing to relocate the sensor on other posts, will I need to do the same?

Also do I get 49720-CC10C (the newer one without the sensor) or 49720-CC10A ( the older one I believe also without a sensor)?

Thanks again!!!!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Get the 49720-CC10C if you have the AWD. This is the one with more hard tubing bends compared to the FWD. Yes you have to unscrew the old sensor from the old pressure hose assembly and screw it in the new one. Pix on page 2 of this thread. Here, this should help you......http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/murano/2006/

You should read the entire thread and then crawl under your MO and get familiar with part you are replacing. That is the only way you can fully picture the job in hand.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nitely - thanks again for the advice. I replaced the line yesterday. It took about 4 hours to di that, an oil change ang
pan gasket replacement ( there's been a small leak there too so while underneath why not fix that too). All seems good. I got an aftermarket assesmbly from O'Reily's for about $60.00 with the orings and washers. Did everything for about 120.00. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
could you describe the sound a lil more? you say rubbing sound? but that wouldnt correlate at all with the power steering system...if instead you mean it is more of a whining sound, your power steering pump could be failing, and needs replacement. and if there was a problem after taking it to a shop, they are liable for anything done wrong or messed up when the car was in their possession, you should def take it back and make them fix it, why pay more money for something you didn't do
I am experiencing the similar trouble . I had my power steering hose replaced by the mechanic and now there seems to be a rubbing noise every time I turn the steering to a complete left or right . Anyone know what the issue is ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Of all of you who replaced the hose, did anyone experience, noise when turning left and right? Rubbing noise? I also had the line replace, however, it makes this noise and is getting hard to turn now.
TOTALSKIIER : Did you manage to troubleshoot the rubbing noise ? I am experiencing the similar trouble with my 2005 MO after carrying out a steering hose replacement . Please advise Thanks
Kev

·
Registered
2 Posts
I replaced my power steering hose a couple months ago, via the methods described in this thread. Very helpful. I found that removing the cowl (the plastic cover at the base of the windshield made it much easier to remove the bolt attaching the middle bracket with the heat shield. The cowl only took about 15 minutes to remove, and about 5 minutes to re-install when I was done, Just note that you have to take off the windshield wipers to get it off, but it's pretty easy. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did this a few months ago also based on the directions on this forum. I dont see how you could possibly get the top bolt out without removing the cowl. I also had trouble getting the sensor connector off. Only because of where it is located. I am happy to report that the hose replacement did fix my problem. I am saving the old hose in case Nissan ever issues a recall. I agree with others that this is a safety issue. I still have to replace the grill due to the plastic chrome coming off and figure out where all the oil goes. What a lemon!

61 - 80 of 127 Posts