101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi guys,

i also have a leak in my PS high pressure line that needs replacing.

Bad news is that my local UK Nissan dealership want over £200 (over 300USD) for the part only. I can find many for sale in the USA as the car is a lot more popular with you guys as opposed to the UK where it is quite rare and hence the price of parts very high.

I assume that this part is the same for left and right hand drive cars? it is the AWD version that i have.

I have read a few good things about the EDELMANN 80648 part that a few people have used. My only concern was that the filter (think that is what it is) that is in the middle of the Nissan part is not on the Edelmann part - what is it and can i do without it?

seems a bit mad to get parts sent half way around the world and still get them half the price than my local garage!

thanks
Russell

·
Registered
7 Posts
PS High Pressure Hose Leak

Following the advise here I bought the 49720-CC10C AWD hose for $111 at Amazon with free Prime shipping and will be attempting the hose replacement - if the weather here in SE PA stays warm.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I already posted this but can anyone confirm the Banjo Bolt Size and the Bolt that attached the hose to the plenum up top?

Disregard - its 24mm and 12mm.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Recently did some work on the Mo.
New control arm , new tie rod ends, new brake pads and rotors.
My reward ? found the p. s. hose wet and dripping :(.
Did some research, called around and found a new one at a local
Napa for under 50 bucks.
After removing brackets from old hose to new hose and trying to
get the alignment of the hardline/hose at just the right angle and
wrestling it into position, I really wish I had gone with the cheapest
OEM hose I saw on Ebay (around $ 160.00) . I think this is one oem
part that would make for a simpler ,more reliable install. My .02.

·
Registered
29 Posts
mechanic fee

I have a leak on high pressure line too on murano 07(70,000 mile) and dealer gave me an estimate of $522( parts and labor)and found a garage that can do it for $90.00( labor). My problem is , I simply don't know if they going to break something during the process of removal and installation.I have used them once for the replacement of rusted coolant line and was satisfied.Need advice .. go cheap and save maybe $300 or go for peace of mind?

·
Registered
5 Posts
dealer gave me an estimate of $522( parts and labor)
Nissan dealer here in Australia quoted me $1255 for parts and labor. Today, another service advisor said he can give me half the price. Instead of getting a new set of parts, they'll just replace the hose. They'll still throw in 12 month/20k kms warranty on it.

I haven't tried asking other mechanics though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The job is not hard and pretty direct like changing oil. Straight mechanical. However, its a job you can easily cut corners to make the job easier for yourself. When the job is done, if tested, you wont have an issue no matter who you go with. The problem is longevity and everything needs to be done right to guarantee this. Looseness, unprotected lines that continuously rub on metal brackets all play a role with why these lines go bad in the first place. Other than that, its straight forward job.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Recently did some work on the Mo.
New control arm , new tie rod ends, new brake pads and rotors.
My reward ? found the p. s. hose wet and dripping :(.
Did some research, called around and found a new one at a local
Napa for under 50 bucks.
After removing brackets from old hose to new hose and trying to
get the alignment of the hardline/hose at just the right angle and
wrestling it into position, I really wish I had gone with the cheapest
OEM hose I saw on Ebay (around $ 160.00) . I think this is one oem
part that would make for a simpler ,more reliable install. My .02.
I didn't see any issues with adding old hardware to new hardware nor issue with getting the new setup back together properly. Though, I bought mine from Autozone which had it all together already.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did mine this past weekend.

Some areas have very little room to move your wrench.
The banjo bolt is 24mm.
You have to remove the cowl, windshield wipers and wiper motor.
It took me about 2.5 hours.
I got all my parts from Ebay.

I attached the hose to an existing hose on the firewall vs trying to attach it to the engine. (That is where the original hose failed)

you don't have to replace the pressure sensor but it is recommended.

Edelmann 92399 Power Steering Pressure Hose $40.00
Power Steering Pressure Sensor $25.00

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have a 2004 AWD. Replaced high pressure hose this weekend. I initially was convinced it was the steering gear leaking and not the hose. I could never see my hose actually leaking when I crawled under the vehicle. There would be just one drop of fluid right at the low point of the hose near where the hose is crimped and I could stare at the drop for 30 min and it never grew bigger. Yet I would get a cup of steering fluid on the garage floor every night. My leaking hose wouldn't actually leak until the engine was running and the rpm's got up high enough. All the fluid I was getting on my garage floor was draining off the suspension from where the hose was leaking onto the suspension components while we were driving the vehicle. So those of you trying to decide if your leak is coming from the hose or not should assume it is if there are any drops hanging off that hose. Initially I kept thinking a little bit of oil was getting thrown upward off the steering gear and onto the hose by air currents during driving, but I was outsmarting myself. Anyway I have 165k on my murano and our local dealer wanted $250 for the hose! So wasn't about to spend that and decided to take my chances on the replacement sold by local O'Reilly store for $48. Both my Advanced Auto and Oreilly's had the hose in stock so that tells you they are selling a lot of these. Their hose came with the 2 copper washers and an O ring for the sensor. I got the OEM hose off the vehicle and lined it up next to the O'Reilly version and they looked identical. So far so good. Everything fit good and I had no leaks afterward at any of the fittings. So I recommend anybody with a high mileage first gen murano go with the cheap hose and not the nissan. One other bit of information - we drove our murano for a week around town before the puddle under the murano finally started diminishing. Apparently there was a lot of old fluid on and around the suspension components and frame rail. Almost made me think I had another leak somewhere, like the steering gear, but the level in the power steering reservoir was holding OK.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Man alive. I had a huge ps leak, so got the new hose from dealer aloof with 2 new washers and the sensor Oring. I don't believe the copper washer are in fact crush ones, just spacer washers from what in can tell, the old ones do get thin a wee bit due to copper being so soft.

Everything went pretty smoothly at 1st... Removing the cowl 3 screw ripped off.. So gonna need to tap them when putting it back on.

Awd 06 mo.

Lifted the mo 18" on 2 jack stands.
Got the hose out pretty straightforward.
Removing the sensor with 2 crescent wrenches easy enough.
Replaced Oring.
Reused Oring that connects to rack, new oem hose didn't have it on it.
Put the hose in, hooked up loosely the rack side. Loosely on the manifold.

Then the fun began. I can not... And I stress after probably 2hrs and having my neighbour who works on his triumph car all the live long day... Try as well. Get that darn banjo bolt back on.

I disconnected the loosely held manifold bolt and see if that would help.. Nope.
Had my wife and neighbour as we'll try holding the hose from the top and helping move it, hold it etc, nope. He got down and tried and nope.

I can not get two hands in their and only my left... To hold the donut and bolt with the 2 washer is madness while on your back. No idea if it would be easier with a lift. The outer washer keeps falling off nearly every time the nipple slips off the u shaped slot.

I fell like crazy gluing the outer washer onto bolt to see if that helps a bit or some grease. Getting the weird angle is simply too much.

So I went about doing my oil cooler Oring, straight forward. Then removed my oil pan as current one is leaking and rusted like mad, not sure how I'm going to be able hold it steady and screw in the screws at the same time on my back without smearing the rtv everywhere.. It's up with 3 screws temporary for now with no rtv. Dealer gave me new bolts but there 1/2 the length of the ones that were in there so off to dealer tomorrow for the rtv and proper bolts.

Back to the distracting banjo bolt.. How in the world did people get it back on...and mine seems to be 15/16 and not 24mm. Do people remove the heat shield for more access?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I replaced the high pressure line today on my 2005 SE with so much help from this post, thank you. I'm watching a new drip spot of power steering fluid under the driver side and hoping it may just be blow-by from the previous leak and fitting replacement.

101 - 120 of 126 Posts
About this Discussion
125 Replies
79 Participants
Dan_Lockwood
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing