Nissan Murano Forum banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Semper Fi
83 Posts
Add me to the list of owners with the leaking PS hose. 106000 mi on my 2007 M0. Went to O'Reilly's and bought the replacement hoses (comes in two pieces that you put together) along with an o-ring for the pressure switch. Removed the old hose, which did take a little work turning it the right way to get it to come out the right wheel well. After that I just mirrored the old hose configuration, swapped over the brackets & pressure switch and installed the hose. I did need more than one 16 oz bottle of PSF though (probably about 18-20 oz). Bled the system and it is working like a charm with no leaks!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
good afternoon I dress in italy, Frosinone and here when they see my nissan murano th

good afternoon I dress in italy, Frosinone and here when they see my nissan murano they do not know where to put their hands, I used it in March and after about a month ago noise almost at the end of the race almost with all the steering shot made a noise as if it vibrasse and touch something !! you know what in fact can be, a mechanic made me change the hydraulic pump but it makes the noise more than before the pump it used to be mounted by the mechanic but makes the noise of the previous one, what can this noise do almost end running almost with Steering wheel steering at both right and left side, and this noise feels particularly stuck in the car parks I maneuver. tell me what can it be ?? and spare parts where I could find them buy it ??

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi, I also have the same leak of the rubber section of the hose on my 2005. I plan to do it myself before winter comes. As mentioned in the discussion, one can buy just the flexible half, which is where most leaks occur, but has anybody replace only the rubber half of the assembly? Is it easier? I think it might be easier to only deal with the flexible part, at least not having to wiggle the whole piece through the cramped space. The original rigid section without any corrosion will probably last indefinitely so there is no reason to replace. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went ahead and purchased the line from the parts shop at the Nissan dealership. Cost about 180$ for the hose, the gasket, and the fluid. Took me about 3 hours with not the best tools and working environment. Glad it's fixed and glad my family is safer

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've had the same leak as all of you, but have lived with it for about 6 or 7 years until just the last 6 months or so it's been marking its spot quite regularly on the floor in the garage. I also notice a bit of smell from drips hitting the exhaust.

So I too bought from eBay Nissan in AZ for the AWD hose and copper washers. Mine came with the 2-piece brackets with the rubber grummets. I checked it with the original when removed and it seemed to be in the same configuration.

I've had great weekends to do this, but decided yesterday to take on the project; should have started on it before 2:00 pm though... :(

With all of the fluid that's been leaking over the past many months, it was very messy underneath and only jack stands for height.

Got it loose and had a bit of trouble getting it out with the return hoses on the R&P giving me some space issues. I finally got it out and on the floor. Like I said above, it matched all the bends and appeared to be angled the same so it should be a good fit back in the MO.

I fought the hose getting it in over the rear driveshaft, but finally got it in. Then tried to get the hose up inside far enough to the 2 small bracket bolts to line up. I started the hardline thread into the R&P first. Then with some twisting and prodding I finally got the 2 bolts to start in. Before they were tight I tightened the threaded end into the R&P.

The banjo bolt was a mofo to get started. I didn't have much room for 2 hands, as you all know. Also I'm not a small guy. With a long screwdriver I poked the hose up into the plenum area trying to get the hose twisted a bit further to have the lug line up on the power steering pump. After about an hour of fighting this I finally got it just right and got a few straight threads started, then got it tightened up.

If all of the above was not bad enough, now comes the upper mounting bolt for the bracket.

I had previously done the tune up with new coil packs, plugs and PCV. So I knew where the bolts were in the back. It's a good thing as the first 2 bolts were loose and I was able to tighten them up.

As some videos have shown, guys going in from the upper passenger's side over the plenum, but I didn't take the wiring harness loose and my big hands and wrists do not fit. So all of my work is done with the air intake out and reaching in from the driver's side a LONG ways in. I had no issues when doing the coils to get the bolt back in the power steering upper hose bracket as it had its location "memory" to allow it to go right back into the same location. Then the bolt went in okay. But this time with the new hose, all bets were off as it did not know its home position and was very stiff in moving it around.

So I went to my metric bolt selection and found a new bolt, same threads, and cut the head off the bolt. After deburring it I had a "stud". I was able to move the hose out of the way a bit and with a little blue Loctite on the new stud, I gingerly with 2 fingers, no thumb, got it to the manifold hole. Then was able to get it 90 degrees and without a thumb able to reach, was able to get it started in the hole. I got it in about 6 turns I'm guessing.

Now I'm sure most of you are wondering why I did this. Well without being able to get the bolt and bracket to line up, what was I going to do, leave it loose?

So now with the stud sticking out of the plenum I could grab the hose bracket and pull it around until I hooked it over the end of the stud and slide it next to the plenum. Then just a flat washer and nut I was done.

In hind sight I could have put the stud into the plenum when I was doing the coil packs and been done with it. I really look at this as how Nissan should have done it in the first place, but then again, their hoses should NOT have been leaking like this.

So for anyone that's still got their original hose and has to do coils or spark plugs, making and installing a stud while the plenum is off would be a big help when eventually changing out the power steering hose.

There may have been a simpler way. I've read and heard that the upper cowl can come off, but on mine anyway the cross cowl with the wiper motor etc extends out onto the strut housing area and mine is all spot welded on. I've had the plastic off the wiper area to do the front struts, but I cannot see how any of that would garner more hand room from the passenger's side. Or did I just miss something?

Just thought I'd throw out the trick I used, albeit maybe unnecessary for others. It still took me several more hours than I had anticipated. I've usually very good and quick with mechanical things. I did the coils, plugs and PCV in 2 hours flat. I think that's on par with fast time. But this hose just kicked my butt big time. But at least it's done now and no more leaks.

Oh as a side note, I cut off the rubber insulator on the PS hose and it was full of fluid, but I could not find the leak in the hose. The banjo side was slightly wet, but the hardline side was soaked all the way up to the upper center clamp and bracket.

I want to thank all of the people posting as this site has been a BIG help with the MO. We bought it new in '04 and at 137k miles it's still going strong. The trans hesitates in the summers when I'm in stop and go traffic for half an hour or so and it's over 90 degrees ambient. The next day it's all good to go again. It also goes through about 1qt every 1k miles, but does not smoke and the plugs when changed a few months ago were not oil soaked, so not sure what's using or where it's going. I can live with that. I was thinking of selling it when I get a 1 ton truck in the next year, but for what I can get out of it, it's probably going to be in the family until I have some MAJOR repairs.

Thanks again and hope you all had a great Thanksgiving weekend.

121 - 126 of 126 Posts
About this Discussion
125 Replies
79 Participants
Dan_Lockwood
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing