Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is to install a 504M shock sensor that will work with your factory alarm, and adds a nice new feature to it.

first you will need to remove the lower dash panel underneat the steering wheel.
next you will have to find the bcm which is above the gas pedal.
after that there will be a white harnes with like 5 wires in it but its like a 30 pin harness. there will be a red/white wire in there that you will need to cut. this wire is the door pin wire for the driver's side rear door.

next you will need to combine the blue and green wires coming from the shock sensor and connect one diode to the end of them. make sure the diode's band is facinf the shock sensor. you will also need to connect another diode to the red/white wire that goes to the door pin. make sure that the band is also face towards the door pin.

next connect the red wire of the shock sensor to the supplied fuse and connect the other end of the fuse to the white/black wire. the white/black wire is located in the black harness at the bcm and is a constant 12 volts. you will need to connect the black wire of the shock sensor to a switched 12 volt wire. i looked but couldnt find one easily and it was now dark outside so i just grounded the black wire, which is perfectly fine.

finally mount the shock sensor. i recommend mounting it to the steering wheel column. i would zip tie it to the column and make it as tight as you can. i forgot my zipties so i had to use etape which works fine zip ties are just better

tuck your wires away and put the dash panel back on and you are all set.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
wouldn't there be more purpose if the sensor was under the hood. i remember someone in the fx or G forums doing a mod like this and i'm pretty sure they put the sensor in the engine bay.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes it was on the g forums
i did the install
i have found that under the hood can cause the sensor to break. this is due to the excessive heat and the bouncing around. when it is under the hood it is just more sensitive in that area.

with it under the dash the heat is removed as well as the bouncing. it still picks up the shocks from around the car just as well as if where mounted under the hood. a good thump is goin to set it off

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
haha sweet well then wonderful haha. i have to learn to sodder better then i'll get around to this mod. thanks for the info though. and if i recall correctly the shock sensor can be bought at radio shack correct??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
meaning to update this cause found out that by grounding the black wire and not connecting to a switch ignition wire the shock sensor would cause the dome lights and the tailgate door light to come on when goin over a bump.

from jude:
Hmmm... Why not just use the ignition wires? Those are also switch +12v wires. Its a Black/Red color at the ignition harness. If I remember correctly, its the thinner one but always test to make sure. The other Black/Red is a thicker wire which I believe is the starter wire.
from boostedconcepts:
yeh thanks
but i took care of it already
its the white blue wire at the bcm next to the white black wire
the black red wire is the same one we use in the g35 for other modules
either wire will work just use a switched ignition wire.
hope you guys have gotten some good use out of it.
if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

thanks
dan

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
so so before i actually do this, the black wire can be connected to either the white/blue wire at the BCM or the black/red wire at the ignition harness?

also, what are the specifics on the diodes i need to purchase??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.