Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw where there are some drugstore cowboys who think the Miata is a gurl's car.
Might be.
If the Gurl is a race car driver like Danica Patrick.:D

This is a clip of an enthusiast using a Miata for the new game, called "drifting".

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Miata-Figure-8-Drifting

My Miata wasn't the overall fastest, but it would outhandle any car I ever owned, including my Corvette.

It would KILL a Murano in the twisties.

Just trying to help people understand that if you can't drive a car with 120 HP, you can't drive one with 240 HP.

Homer

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Very cool video.

Drifting has been around for a while, esp on the West Coast. The cars of choice are heavily modded late model Japanese RWD coupes such as the Nissan 240SX (usually the JDM sr20det powered Silvia) and the very famous AE86 Hatchi Roku (due to the very enteraining Initial D). Its awesome to watch three S15's all drift through a turn, a few feet from each other, prefectly synchronized. Graceful yet beastly at the same time.

Dorifto!!! :p

·
5,268 Posts
FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Homer,
only silly person or "blind one" would even try to compare Murano with a car like Miata. I love my Murano. It is a great car fulfiling its intended function, i.e. not to be a sports car......

I mentioned it many times, I do miss RWD performance sedan, or something like Miata.......

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Me and my miata

hfelknor: My Miata wasn't the overall fastest, but it would outhandle any car I ever owned, including my Corvette.
I second that!
I always tell people who make fun of me while driving my miata to test drive the car on the twisties or at least to ride with me as passanger. Usually after the drive, they stop laughing and the 'girl car' comment never come out anymore. Some of them start to ask me lots of questions on miata mods, hp, suspension, price, color option, miata forum etc.

It has the image of a girl car indeed! Yet, I think while driving one, i always smile as wide if not wider than when i am driving the murano... :D

·
4,664 Posts
Miata? That's a chick car.

Oh, and the Murano is for Soccer Moms...

:p

Drifters aren't stock cars. The suspension's all screwed up to allow it to do that. er, I mean modified.

Look at that, I should have three groups of people saying, "NO IT'S NOT!!!"

Jaak's teasing...

·
4,664 Posts
Actually, the classy soccer moms seem to have adopted it. Painful as it may be, I've seen a few.

Here's another chick's car.

And this one:

and this

And this

I bet he really loves being up there. But it's hers... Amy Faulk

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
jaak said:
Actually, the classy soccer moms seem to have adopted it. Painful as it may be, I've seen a few.

Here's another chick's car.

And this one:

and this

And this

I bet he really loves being up there. But it's hers... Amy Faulk

Don't try that in a Murano either! I meant popping a wheelie. :p

·
4,664 Posts
And if you haven't heard of this Chick, you must have been hiding on another planet!

Wow, would I love to lay my hands on that! TOOLS! She could help too.

Nothing like Fast Women....

And not too many faster than Shirley Muldowney!

www.muldowney.com

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I think my Murano would get up on its rear wheels and beg if it saw a box (in traditional red) of Mack tools like that! :2:

Isn't this what they usually give to the winning build teams on Monster Garage?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Presenting...
The Ultimate Chick Cars of All Time per Cartalk.com

5. Dodge Neon

"Neons are Barbie cars: little and cute and rounded in the hips. Even in black, they are feminine and adorable, only just a bit tougher, like Tattoo Barbie."

4. VW Jetta

"Anything by Volkswagen is a chick car. VW realized this years ago and joined forces with another company to sell guy cars--they called that company Porsche."

3. Mazda Miata

"I discovered this phenomenon when I got a Miata. "Girlie car." That's all I heard."

2. VW Cabriolet

"All teen-age girls classify them as cute. 'Nuff said."

1. VW Beetle

"The VW Beetle. A chick car, definitely. And made to be so. How? I know of no other automobile with a FLOWER VASE as standard equipment."

·
Registered
57 Posts
That's a car for gurls that are not faint of heart for sure.

I'm surprise that car is still running. ... I hate to see anybody doing that to their MO.:(

·
Registered
792 Posts
Eric L. said:
I think my Murano would get up on its rear wheels and beg if it saw a box (in traditional red) of Mack tools like that! :2:

Isn't this what they usually give to the winning build teams on Monster Garage?
My dad has a Snap-On box - with almost all Snap-On tools that is longer than that box. I never realized how much money he had in tools until I started buying my own.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts