Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on buying the Toyo Proxes S/T 255/60/18, next week. I spoke with a representative with Nissan and he said that it will affect my speedometer about 10 mph going 65 and could mess up the computer. Any truth to this?
Thanks for you input :D

·
Registered
470 Posts
No, the 255/60-18 tire is almost identical to the OEM 235/65-18 tire in diameter so it will not change the speedometer at all.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The representative from Nissan doesn't have a clue about tire sizing. As long as the diameter of the tire is unchanged, the speedometer will not change either. 255/60/18 has an identical diamter to the stock 235/65/18.

As a general rule of thumb, you want to stay within +/- 5% of the original tire diamter if you go with a non stock size.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
The OEM Goodyears have a circumference of 94.3". The 255/60-18 Toyos have a circumference of 94.4". That is a difference of 0.11%.

When your speedometer reads 60 MPH you will actually be traveling 60.002 MPH. That is a negligible difference.

This link takes you to a nifty tire size calculator -- http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

I hope this helps.

-njjoe

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I was going to get that size when my OEM tires are dead.... if you get them could you take some pictures from all angles and distances?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the response

Just wanted to thank you guys for the quick response. I will be getting the tires put on next wednesday. I will take some pictures early Jan.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Re: Thanks for the response

Let us know how they work for you in the snow too please.

TBOGIE said:
Just wanted to thank you guys for the quick response. I will be getting the tires put on next wednesday. I will take some pictures early Jan.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
146 Posts
where are the pictures?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Toyo"s on mo

TBogie: I concur with others concerning diameter. Negligable difference, but the ride is much better and handling is really nice in the sweepers, etc. And looks are nicer, beefier. A really nice upgrade.
We have 25K on ours and they are still fine. Darrell. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts