Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

do you HAVE to do 15,000 mi maintenance in order not to lose your manufacturer warranty and the nissan extended warranty?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Well if you've been taking care of your vehicle, then the inspections are probably not necessary, and you can do them yourself quite easily.

If you mean do you have to change the oil and replace the air filter, I would highly recommend it. Those fall under maintenance, and are in fact necessary to keep your car running well. Nissan specifies a 30,000 air filter interval, but for an $8 part, its too cheap to not replace every 15k.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I am pretty sure he meant do we have to have the dealer do the full 15k service the dealer tries to ream you for to have the warranty honored.
I think not.
When I pulled in for my 15k check, I made them read the things they were going to do.

Them--"Check timing".
Me--"the timing is fine".
Them--"check idle speed".
Me--"Listen to it and look at my tach--looks good to me".

etc etc

I told them to change the oil and filter and rotate the tires, I can handle the rest.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mgthe3 said:
I am pretty sure he meant do we have to have the dealer do the full 15k service the dealer tries to ream you for to have the warranty honored.
yep, that where i was coming from... sorry for not being exact.

i have bought an extended warranty as well. and don't want to lose it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts