Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm new here. I don't have a MO yet but but I will be leasing one this coming June. I have been driving myself nuts trying to settle on a color combo (I know,,,,,it's a little early). The only thing I'm sure of is that my MO will be a 2005 SE. I'm torn between the Black exterior and the Sheer Silver exterior. For the interior I absolutely love the Cabernet color but I'm so afraid that after a few months I'm going to be sick of the aggresive color. I think black would be safe but without a wood trim, black leather looks kinda boring to me.

How did you guys choose your color combo? Are you still happy with your selection?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think the black MO is the most striking of all, in fact I was dealing on one until at the last moment I decided to go with the Platinum. My previous 2 vehicles were black and they always seemed in need of detailing and I guess I just neded a change.

No regrets though, I like the color and I have received a lot of compliments. It doesn't show dust or dirt as much as black.

Charcoal is my only choice of interiors and I find the use of stainless accent it nicely, no wood trim for me.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I went with the Midnight Blue and the Cafe Latte just because I thought IMO it was the best color combination. The Sunlit Copper and Charcoal would have been my 2nd choice. All in all I'm still happy with the color combination I went with. :cool:

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I love dark colors, Black, Dark silver, etc. I am absolutely crazy about the Platinum and Black Leather. Grippee's is Black on black. GRIP :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've owned couple of black cars - you have to be really careful how they're washed or you end up with swirls visible from feet away. I love the way they look when clean, but if they're not clean, they show it fast. I went with Silver on my mo.. A regular hand-wash and it looks Freshly Detailed! To each their own - MO's look great in any color! (hrm, according to a recent post, I guess I'm supposed to spell that coloUr.. ;)
I have the black int... with the stainless accents I think it's very sharp.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I always wanted a silver car, so I went with the Silver/black leather combo.. I'll let you know in the summer if I like the black leather on shorts :D

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Went with Black and Cafe Latte. Love the combination and the chrome accent. Next chioce would have been White with Latte interior but then changing all the chrome to gold would have been a must. Color combo was really my wife's idea. She wanted it to match the color combo in her car and what she wants, she gets....except driving the MO...:2:

·
MTB guy
29 Posts
I am going to have to go with the majority here and say pass on the black exterior. I own a detail company and we get the most complains with people who buy black. They always look great the day that we detail but right after the first rain/snow the swirl marks are back. If you are one that loves the look of a new car and fresh paint don't go with black.
If you live in New Hampshire and are going to be one of my customers then yeah black is good. You'll be back in a month to have me detail it again, cha ching!
For me I went with Sunlit Copper because it attracts the most attention and its a show car for me, a lot of biz comes from people asking me how i got my car that color and i hand them my card. :)
Good luck, I bet you can't wait till June!
-MC

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have the black exterior with cafe latte interior. Its a striking combination and looks very refined. HOWEVER, you have to really like that combination and be willing to take care of it (or not care how it looks later).

For the black exterior - EVERYONE that posted is right. Having owned two black cars in the past and with the Murano as the third, I can tell you that black will not stay clean long - especially in the rear where the wheels will kick up spray, dirt, snow, gunk, etc. Commercial car wash facilities will cause swirls (except the washes that use only spray nozzles - no brushes, mops, rags, etc. And don't let them wipe dry with those dirty old rags). You must use a really good quality wax and never never never use anything but clean cotton cloths to dry or wax. Then again, nothing and I mean NOTHING beats the look of a shiny black car properly detailed.

For the cafe latte interior - the light color will show dirt easily. If you have cloth, it will start to look dingy within the first year unless you clean it regularly. The leather is a bit easier, but still requires cleaning and conditioning with good quality products. Then again, against a clean and shiny black exterior, clean cafe latte interiors look striking!

For good looks with lower maintenance, I'd go with the silver/charcoal combo. Still, I don't regret my choice at all (especially since I appear to have the only loaded black/cafe latte AWD SE in the region!).

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
03 AWD SE.... Silver Exterior ... Cabarnet Leather interior....

just love this combo.... it is pretty rare in MOs and havent seen more than 2 like these....

so it is indeed really nice combo.....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Gold over Latte

Folks,

The Gold looks good and hides the dirt pretty well. We have construction all around here and the dirt matches the Gold pretty well. It is a light enough color not to have the car bake in the summer. We also have a huge number of silver cars around here ( BMW / MB / Volvo central ). The Gold is a little unique.

I really liked the copper color as well, but we were shopping at the end of the year and the available 04's were limited.

Chuck

·
Registered
46 Posts
05 Merlot SL with charcoal leather. I held out for the 05 just hoping that there would be an improvement to the Bordeaux (which looks kinda chocolate to me....)

·
Registered
747 Posts
Color

04 Midnight Blue with Cafe Latte Interior. I love it when it's clean, hate it when it's not. If I had to do it over again I would have waited for the Dealership to get in what I was really looking for which was the Pearl White. My other ride is Pearl white and seemingly can go for weeks without washing it as compared to days on the Murano. And yes I have the swirls which are starting to p!$$ me off. :mad:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Midnight Blue / Charcoal

I like dark blue colors. It's nice how they sometimes look almost black. Plus the color is not common on the road. For Mo the Merlot was my second choice.

After having a couple of cars with the tan/beige interiors, black is the way to go.... would probably prefer a dark grey if available. For leather interiors, the dirt shows too easily on the light colors.

·
136 Posts
05 Glacier Pearl with Cafe Latte.

I am wondering about The Merlot/black I passed over. The white is a little conservative. Looks good at night and sparkles though.;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Midnight Blue with charcoal leather for me. I love the blue, and it isn't common. The latte interior is too light for me.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I love the black/latte. My next choice would have been black/black. Then, the blue/latte with chrome wheels.

You really have to love washing and waxing your car if you go black. It needs to become a sickness and should be something you develop before you buy a black car. If you see washing and waxing your car as work - look towards something lighter colored.

Also, the latte interior can show a bit of 'dirt'. It can be cleaned easily and is a nice friendly reminder that it is time to clean and condition.

·
4,601 Posts
Copper/Charcoal, still my favourite combination after 25 months of Muranoing..

·
Registered
470 Posts
Platinum with Charcoal is my favorite. Other colors with Charcoal I like are Merlot, Silver, and Blue.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts