Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came back from local dealer, tomorrow will be closing a deal on 03 Sl awd black murano standard, sticker says: $30,899, invoice shown to me is $28,143

Question:
- invoice price they showed me includes $540 destination.
Is this right, or i have to subtract the $540 to get the actual 'invoice price' you guys are always talking about?

- they offer me the murano for $760 below invoice (see above). BUT they try to charge me $277 for docs/tags/processing_fees in addition to the 5% sales tax.
The manager said it is : $98 doc fees and $175 for SUV TITLE FEES.
What the heck is that....?
Is this $$ amount normal?
What I should be looking for this fees? only the $97? or only the
$175 part of it?

I will be heading to the dealer to close the deal at noon tomorrow (saturday). Any one kind enough to shade some lights/ideas?. Thank you much

·
Registered
717 Posts
Without knowing where you live or what your state motor vehicle sales licensing laws are, I would suggest that you call another Nissan dealer (or two) and ask them what they charge for the same services.

Then use that information to determine if the dealer's being straight with you or not. (Or use is as part of your argument, dealer A only charges xxx.)

Normally, document processing fees are part of the negotiation, but the licensing fees usually aren't (nor is sales tax, again depending on your state).

Good luck and post pictures when you get it home!

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there..went to state of MD DMV website:
$108 is what they charge for class A Or M pasanger car. So i guess $108 + $99 = $200... extra $77 they charge me there.

Also, about the invoice price questions (see early post)..
is invoice price really after or before destination charges? I am confused.
They showed me the invoice price, but it says: $27,403 + $540 + other accesories = $28,200. I thought destination charges will be eventually be paid by buyers?...Just wondering..help guys

I have been awoke since 6 am, browsing the net, waiting for people's reply... Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
717 Posts
The destination/transportation fee is a real cost that is paid by the dealer.

As far as the specific negotiation your involved in, it's your call as to whether or not the fee was included by you in your calculations.

Have they showed you the actual invoice from Nissan yet? If your deal is x above invoice, insist that they show you the invoice.

Don't fall in love with the vehicle just yet.

The dealer's expecting you to do just that today and simply cave in on any extra charges he can come up with today.

Remember they do this everyday, over and over, for a living.

Don't be afraid to walk out of the dealership without the Murano today if there's anything you don't like about the deal.

The prices will no doubt be a little better as we get closer to the end of the month.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay,..I may NOT have to get the murano today.
I will try to be patient..

Yes i saw the invoice, it says $28,200
But it includes $540 destination. I thought, the dealer will try to recover it back when they sell the vechicle to customer?
(hence the invoice is actually $28,200 - $540)?

Thanks a lot man for the help.
GF is shouting at me for waking up too early and dwell on the murano instead of her
:D

·
Registered
717 Posts
If your in MD, have you checked CarMax's web site in DC for the no-hassle purchase experience?

They won't haggle at all on their prices (other than occasional specials like an additional $1,000 off posted prices on certain models).

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Well the tag/licensing/title fees are paid to your DMV, so those are non negotiable. The doc fees, well, I think I remember reading on Edmunds.com that those run $75-100 and its also standard. I believe I paid approximately $300 for doc/license fees when I purchased my Murano. That included, by the way, the registration fee for the state of California.

The destination fee is also non negotiable, although due to a clerical error, mine was left off my invoice, leading to a $540 discount!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts