Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
5,268 Posts
I will not. 8500 is not white, it is blue..........so if it is "cool look" you after than go for it. Personally I like the HID because of its efficiency. I just mightr upgrade to 6000 as it is more logical. 6000 is close to daylight. However, I would have to see it first. In real life not on a pic.

Just my 2c...........

·
Registered
163 Posts
um sorry
you all are wrong
all OEM bulbs are 4100-4300k... whatever, the different colors u see, such as BMW and Audi is due to their projector housings giving a more bluish look. 4100K has the most usable light out of any of those bulbs. 4100K is closest to sunlight. 6000K does not produce as much light as 4100k, i believe someone stated 20% less. It just emits a more bluish color for the cool effect, and not for improved viewing. Keep that in mind. The higher you go up, the more u lose. Going for 8500K is the most foolish thing one can do. That's just as good as regular halogen when talking about lighting. Sure you get a cool purple/blue color, but why? Isn't it more important to have light to view the road? esemes, i hope you just got the 8500k for the looks and not for the light output, because it comes nowhere close to the 4100k bulbs.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm talking about light output and I wasn't insulting you personally. LIGHT OUTPUT IS SACRIFICED, REGARDLESS OF THE HOUSING! How can you not understand that? Reflectivity? Um... it doesn't make a difference in regards to that. A 4100k bulb is more reflective and gives you a more true color of whatever your light is reflecting off of. I don't need to test anything out. It's known a fact and there has been research done. I will find threads from acuramdx.org that will shut you up. 8500k does not make it more reflective, yeah it might stand out to YOU more because it's blue/purple, but that has nothing to do with reflectivity. That's perception. Don't get me started...

edited... sorry if i offended anyone, i did not mean anything by it, i understand it was insensitive.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Esemes -- whats the final outcome? I know you had the 6K ones, but then I read somewhere you decided to get the 8K's? What the comparison???

·
Registered
202 Posts
As a clinical psychologist, I get incensed any time I see or hear someone uses a term like "retarded" to put someone else down. Over the past 17 years of my career, I've worked with a number of people who have below-average intelligence; and frankly, their level of maturity and ability to interact appropriately with others is substantially higher than I've seen in the past few posts on this thread. If y'all absolutely MUST engage in a name-calling pissing contest (about headlight bulbs, for cryin' out loud!), please take it to private messages. And Murano_MDX, I'd appreciate your editing your messages to remove the utterly inappropriate and offensive terms that you used.

Thank you.

Jeff

·
Registered
68 Posts
OK then, does any one knows if the 6000k will match the HID lights. I don't need the fog lights to be brighter, but would like it to be as white at the HID lights that I have, also with the parking light as well. Some people said the HID lights are at 4150K, but I replace the fog light with 4200K and it still looks yellow. I head the heon light match closely to the HID, but a little expensive. Any suggestions.

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
Hoen all the way.

Their parking lights match much better than the brownish stock bulbs. The xenonmatch fogs are also a perfect match.

Compared to some PIAA bulbs, the Hoen's are quite affordable.

·
5,268 Posts
I used hoen xenonmatch and am very happy. Almost perfect match..:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dklanecky1 said:
I'm another happy Hoen Zenon match customer, especially for the fogs! PIAA's work great for the parking lights.
hoen for foglight, PIAA for parking light!!!!! my choice:D

·
5,268 Posts
JakcoMO said:

hoen for foglight, PIAA for parking light!!!!! my choice:D

Concur!:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
milage

i was told by the dealer that the milage is out due to a math error in the chip ... this i doubt...can i take the vehicle back to the dealer and find out what is wrong...i had planned to keep this vehicle for a long time but i may have to opt for a vanagon syncro westy restored instead

1 - 16 of 16 Posts